Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Unable to deliver to recipient- competition line

Abbie_04175
Investigator

Unable to deliver to recipient- competition line

For the last 2/3 months I’ve been unable to text or phone competition lines. I get a reply saying unable to deliver to recipient. I’ve contacted 3 care & they advised there are no bars on my account. Any help appreciated, thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi there @Abbie_04175 I can see that you posted this question a couple of times 😊 Just letting you know I have closed the others to avoid confusion. I'd love to help you with this, will you give a couple of examples? What number you were calling or texting and when?

Hi team I am the same. I deleted the thread & no etc but I still can’t enter the Today fm cashing machine competition, my sms won’t deliver to 57557. Can you please look into.

Thanks,

coleen 

@Add_13337 Hi Coleen & welcome to the 3Community. I'll need to take a look at your account so can I get you to PM me your number along with your full name, address, & date of birth for the validation of your account? Can you also answer the following question when you PM me - When was the last time you were able to successfully enter a text competition? What error message are you getting when you text the competition? Are you having any trouble texting mobile numbers? What is the make & model of your phone? 

As you're new to the Community you'll need to increase your rank to send PMs. You can increase your rank by commenting on posts, creating new posts, kudos or liking comments. Once you rank up you'll get a message to notify you & you'll need to log out & back into the Community & you'll be able to PM us directly.

was there ever a resolution for this??

i changed phone recently and my new phone wont send texts to competition lines, such as the 57557 above

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties entering competitions @sydthebeat. I'd be happy to take a look at this for you if you can give me a little more info like when did you change your phone and what phone did you change to. Also, are entering the number or is it saved in your phone?

hi stacey, ive actually solved the problem thank you.

i had to delete the text chain from my new phone after transferring over from the old phone. 

My new phone then had to send me a warning that texting this number would cause a charge to my phone number, which i had to agree to before i could send a text to the completion number.

thank you

Brilliant, glad to hear its sort 👍

Was there ever a general resolution to this as I have no thread of messages to delete but I can never send texts to premium competition lines and I’ve been advised by three there is no block on my account. Very frustrating…

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Snowz  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I have checked this here for you and currently, there isn't a networkwide issue with sending premium messages however I would love to check this further for you. Pop through to me here on PM along with your full name, mobile number, address and date of birth and I can check that everything is ok on the account for you. I would also recommend recording the time of the text and the number you were attempting to message you as we will pass this on to the technical team and raise a case with them for you, if we are unable to get a resolution by checking the account. 

As you're new to the Community you'll need to increase your rank to send PMs. You can increase your rank by commenting on posts, creating new posts, & kudos/liking comments. Once you rank up you'll get a message to notify you & you'll need to log out & back into the Community & you'll be able to PM us directly. Or if you'd prefer you can contact customer care on 1913 or by clicking here to chat to our messaging team.