Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Unable to send MMS

Mucka1916
Investigator

Unable to send MMS

Hi,

I seem unable to send MMS messages from my iPhone 11. I’ve tried the settings in both https://www.three.ie/device-support/ and https://apn.how/ireland/3/apple/1665027651-iphone-11 and neither of these settings seem to make a difference 

Please help,

Mucka

4 REPLIES 4
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Mucka1916 thanks for reaching out to us here on 3Community.

I'd be happy to help you with this I just need a little more info. Are you trying to send MMS through your standard messaging app? Are you having difficulty sending to all numbers or just one specific number? Which IOS are you currently using? You'll be able to see this in your phone settings - General - Software Update, if there is an update available please run it.

I can see you have a second query posted here about WiFi calling, are you still experiencing difficulties since you restored your phone?

Hi Stacey,

Yes, I’m trying to send MMS through the standard messaging app.

I’m on iOS 16.6.

Yes the issue is happening on all non-iPhone devices. I’m unsure but I think it only works ok on iPhones that have iMessage enabled but I know this doesn’t route through you

Both issues have been occurring both before and after the restore. Ever since I’ve had an iPhone, I’ve never been able to send an MMS via Messages app to non-iPhones but hasn’t been an issue since I’d normally use a third party service in most cases. But the other day, I needed to send one to someone without any other app and it again wouldn’t send so now have decided to troubleshoot it. And Wi-Fi calling has never worked since the option became available on my device.

Think that answers all your questions.

Kind regards,
Mucka

Thanks for getting back to me with that update @Mucka1916 

The next step is I'll need to review your account so please pop me a PM with your name, number, full address and date of birth.

For anyone else affected by this and curious,

My issue has been escalated to the technical team.