Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

SOLVED
Saturn
Investigator

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

I've previously used my 3 credit balance to pay for items through the Google Play store. Following prior problems, I had thought the issues were resolved but yet again, despite having credit balance, the 3 payment method has been rejected by Three/Google, at first due to exceeding the payment limit (€60 pm I believe) , which I haven't exceeded not nearly, but upon repeated attempts, the reason given was 'payment method declined'. This issue occurred after the recent update of systems and is yet another annoying and frustrating error that prevents me from using my credit balance. It is unacceptable, and if 3 advertises that we keep our credit then they should ensure that we are able to spend it using what was a valid and convenient service via Google Play Store. I noticed that others have the same issue yet haven't found any solution or explanation on behalf of three.
51 REPLIES 51

The second image is in the play store app. The first image is the link it
takes you to if you click on the more payment settings button at the
bottom. Once again. This is in Google play.

Ah ok, sorry, didn't look for a second image. However it does show a phone payment option, the 3 353 option. Seems the number isn't complete, and I'd check the sim settings and thatnthe OS has your full number registered. Not sure what the problem is but it seems to be an issue with your phone on cursory examination.

You could also try deleting that 3 +353 field via G-pay, then add your number again.
BM0
Investigator
Investigator

No use three billing a available since last week

Have removed it but no option to add three billing on play store.

This happening to anyone else?

Saturn
Investigator

Sounds strange. I presume you're using the play store on your mobile instead of logging in via a laptop etc. You should have the option to add your mobile number as a payment option as long as:

• You delete any other mobile payment option
  • Your SIM is recignised and connected to three
  • Your plan allows you to keep and spend your credit(only legacy plans allow this now)
BM0
Investigator
Investigator

Yeah using mobile play store. Was working before. I'm on the legacy €20 plan.

Which plan you on. Is it working for you?

Saturn
Investigator

Yeah, I'm on the same prepay plan as you €20 pm. Payment using the phone credit works for me atm. I'd suggest fiddling around with Goole account on a laptop, making sure old payment methods are deleted. Happened to me before, still had the mobile No. in the payment section marked "unavailable". Had to delete that, then add again through the play store app. Also if you have multiple Gmail accounts in your play store app check that, clear cache on Android for play store, reboot and try again. It's finicky, no doubt.

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties with 3Billing @BM0. I'd be happy to investigate this for you I'll just need a little more info, like when was it you noticed that it was not working for you? Also can you try the below steps to add a payment method in your Google play store:

1. Go to play.google.com.
  2. At the top right, click your profile icon.
  3. Select Payments & Subscriptions and then Payment Methods.
  4. Select Add a Payment Method.
  5. Follow the steps on the screen. The new payment method will be added to your Google account.

Please let me know how you get on.

Hi Stacey

Noticed it not working last week or so. Said unavailable when went to purchase something. Tried deleting payment then re-add but don't see option for use three billing. See screenshot 

1000006877.jpg

Saturn
Investigator

I see you have "Add Vodafone Billing" as an option. I think the Play Store will only allow one mobile number to be used, the one it recognises as the primary phone number. Are you using dual SIM cards, if so I'd swap the Sim slots or set the primary number in Settings>Mobile Network and see if this helps.

Let me know how you get on as this is interesting to know for future reference, personally. 👍