Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3Billing not working on PlayStore

Kejt
Investigator

3Billing not working on PlayStore

Hello!

For a few months now I have an issue with 3 billing on the PlayStore.
It was my default payment method and then I got an error requesting me to add another one.
After I did that, I couldn't use it again.
I tried all of the methods from the previous similar topics, from trying SIM card in new phone, restarting PlayStore, reinstalling it, clearing catche and data and so on..Nothing worked.
It is frustrating because I am losing money and cannot pay with my credit!
Any help would be greatly aprecciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Kejt Hi there & welcome to the 3Community. When you try to add 3Billing to your play store are you getting an error message? If so can you let me know what it says? Has anything changed regarding your Google Play account in the months leading up to the issue? 

Hello!

The first time it happened, I didn't remember to screenshot the message and unfortunately I don't remember what it said.

Now 3Billing wasn't even listed as an option when I tried to add it.

It did show up after few hours but I still can't set it up as my billing method.

When I try to remove my card as a default billing method and replace it with 3Billing, it just states "Not supported by client" under it.

I don't know what happened because nothing changed and I just can't use it 😭

@Kejt Thanks for that, prior to you getting the error message were you successfully able to pay for services through the PlayStore while using Three billing? When you say that you are losing credit due to this, is your account with us a Bill Pay account or have you a Pay As You Go account with us?

Hello 🙂

I was using this service for 2 years before this happened and had no issues!

I am topping up every 28 days with 20€ (that is an old tariff), so I would assume that would be 3Prepay?

I always used that balance to cover my YouTube subscription so now it is just staying on my account. 

@Kejt have you had any changes with your account since your first noticed this like a new phone or anything? If you'd like to PM us with your mobile number & account details we can check it out from this side and go from there.