Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Direct Debit - Change Card Details

CasaP
Investigator

Direct Debit - Change Card Details

Hi,

I managed to update card details on 3 of my 4 accounts (2 Broadband & 1 Top Up), all use the same card details, but Murphy's Law my main account threw a fit.

When I entered the card details and authorised via the increasingly irritating 2FA (is it just me?) via the bank app which said authorised with no error, the My3 website threw and error and said I cannot use a card at the moment, please call support.

Any idea what this is about, I tried a second time and the card option is just blanked out. Can somebody look at this for me?

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@CasaP Hi there, if you haven't done so already, can you manually log out of your My3 then log back in to try adding the card details? 

Let me know how you get on

I just got to try that again this morning. Same error message.

Authorised via bank app, 3 site says thank you, then throws an error after the red circle has pulsated for a minute or so.

So I was able to add my personal VISA debit card, then I deleted the original MASTERCARD debit and logged out.

No when I log in and try to add my MASTERCARD debit card, it is approved in the bank app but says declined on your end. So it' appears to be a Three billing issue probably related to MASTERCARD.

This 2FA stuff is beyond painful for trusted vendors.

I will try again tomorrow, I really need all of my expenses going through this MASTERCARD, I don't want to have to do expenses just for my phone every month.

@CasaP Interesting! Be sure to report back tomorrow and let us know how it goes! 

So the weirdness continues. I got around to adding the card just now, it accepted it, but put it back as the old card. My bank does this weird thing where they only give a card a two year life span, so the number was the same, just different expiry / ccc number.

After it added the old card, I was then able to edit it to change the date.

I will post back after my next bill cycle to let you know if it stuck.

@CasaP Thanks for letting us know that. It could help others 👍

The direct debit failed, I had to pay manually using the saved card details as above.

I setup the direct debit again (using the same correct card details), so I will wait to see if it works for the next billing cycle.

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@CasaP Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop. Fingers crossed for good news after the next billing cycle 🤞

So the fun continues. Apparently another card detail is out of date, hence being harassed daily for the princely sum of €69. My3 login is not working, a classic BAD GATEWAY error, schoolboy stuff really. 

I can't login to pay the bill or the app, as it just spins endlessly when trying to update the card details.

Is the Three server running on a Raspberry Pie?

I really do not like giving my card details to random foreign call centre operatives pretending their name is Patrick etc.

CAN YOU HIRE PROPER IT GUYS AND FIX THE WEBSITE AND CRAPPY APP?