Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Charged for unanswered calls to other networks

cathal_09195

Charged for unanswered calls to other networks

Hi

Im a prepay customer. I top up by 20 euro a month as part of the 3Prepay plan. Ive had this for years without issue. A few months ago a contact I ring regularly changed network from three to vodafone. Its no longer free for me to ring them but it is free for them to ring me. So typically I will dial them, they will hang up and ring me back.

I noticed lately my credit seems to be dwindling away so i checked my account and found im getting charged 47 cent every time I ring and they dont answer. This seems to be related to the 38c per min fee + 9c connection fee. This came as a surprise to me as I didn't expect id get charged just to make a call that goes unanswered. Can you clarify if this 47c charge is meant to be applied to unanswered calls?? 

3 REPLIES 3
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@cathal_09195 Hi there 👋 It sounds like the call is connecting to me! How long do you leave it ring for? Does it reach the voicemail maybe? The more info I have the better so let me know.

I am having the same issue. Just made a phone call, there was no answer and it didn't go through to voicemail. I was still charged. I ran out of credit for the first time ever this month, couldn't figure out why until today. 

@Add_14873 Hi there 👋This may have also been while the call was connecting. Can you remember how long it was taking for the call to connect and was this a mobile number or were you oh hold waiting for a service?