Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Dialling landline numbers in Northern Ireland.

SOLVED
SeanMac
Connector

Dialling landline numbers in Northern Ireland.

Hi,

is dialling a landline number in Northern Ireland using the 048 prefix (instead of +4428) included in your call bundle minutes?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Apologies I was looking at the screenshots & only seeing the 353 prefix. I've just had a quick check & apparently using the prefix 048 classes the call as a national call so what's showing in your screenshots above is correct. When calling any NI landline if you use 048 you won't be using your international allowance you'll be using your unlimited call allowance. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@SeanMac Hi there, are you calling the landline from NI or the ROI? Can you also confirm the name of your plan so I can check if the call will be charged? If you're unsure of your plan name log into your My3 account & you'll see it listed there.

Calling from the RoI. Plan is called Unlimited SIMO 12 month.

@SeanMac Thanks for confirming, with the 3 Bill Pay Unlimited SIMO 12m plan you do get an allowance of 60 units for making international calls. A unit is a minute of a call or 1 text. To answer your question yes, calling a landline in NI is included in your bundle minutes. 

Thanks for that Shane. Is dialling an NI landline from RoI treated as an international call though when using the 048 prefix? I had to ring my bank in NI (an automated landline to check account balances etc.). Dialling with the 048 prefix, the call appears to have been a local call, ie, an RoI local or national call. Dialling the same number using 004428 the call was an international one. Screenshots attached from the current spend section of my online account.

Using 048 prefixUsing 048 prefix

4bce1882-a7e4-4c6e-aa40-455f632c53cf.jpg

@SeanMac You're correct calling a NI from ROI is classed as an international number when using the 048 prefix. It looks to be a case that the bank you called accepts both prefixes so if you call using the 353 ROI prefix it'll be classed as a local call & you won't be charged under your regular unlimited call allowance & if you call using the 0044 prefix it's classed as international as you're calling across the border. 

My suggestion would be to use the 353 prefix to call the bank going forward that way you can keep the international call allowance for making other calls. 

Thanks Shane. I actually dialled 048 and not 35348 and it was treated as an ROI local call.

Apologies I was looking at the screenshots & only seeing the 353 prefix. I've just had a quick check & apparently using the prefix 048 classes the call as a national call so what's showing in your screenshots above is correct. When calling any NI landline if you use 048 you won't be using your international allowance you'll be using your unlimited call allowance.