Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

How to re activate SIM card

Lolly
Novice

How to re activate SIM card

Sim has been topped up in July but not made a telephone call from it so maybe that’s why it was deactivated? How do I go about re activating it?
7 REPLIES 7
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Lolly Hi there, welcome to 3Community. Have you tested the SIM card to see if you can make a call? What happens when you try? The more info I have here the better so let me know

Hi three_laur,
when I attempt to make a call on it it shows up-

“Not registered on network” ok

L

@Lolly Have you tried the SIM in any other phones? If so and you received the same message, pop me a PM with your phone number so I can take a look at the account. I'll also need your full name, address and date of birth 👍

Yes my texts won’t send

Hi there @Holly_02306 👋 and welcome to 3Community. I'd like to help you here but need more info. Do you get an error when you try to text? Are you able to receive texts and make and receive calls is your data working? How long has this been happening? Also please let me know what kind of phone you are using. 

No I can’t get calls or texts and I get error when I send it says I am unavailable when someone calls me there are three dots where my service is and I topped up by €20.

@Holly_02306 if there is no service showing on your phone it could be that your SIM card has been de-activated due to non-usage. If you haven't made any chargeable calls or texts from your SIM in the last 6 months your number will still be active but not the SIM card. I would suggest heading into your local Three store to pick up a replacement SIM. Make sure to bring ID with you & the SIM card is free of charge.