Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

My balance is €0 in less than an hour

SOLVED
blablablabla
Investigator

My balance is €0 in less than an hour

Yesterday, January 25, I made a €15 top-up to use Google Maps because I had to cycle outside Dublin. In just one hour my balance was €0, not to mention that I lost my way and had to ask for help to get back to Dublin.

I clarify that I do not have Hot Spot activated or other applications, only a connection to use Google Maps.

This had already happened to me in 2021 and the store did not give me any explanation.

Any solution? thanks!Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Hey @blablablabla, hope you had a great weekend. To receive the all-you-can-eat data on the 3 Prepay 20 plan, along with the other allowances, you would need to top up by €20 in one transaction every 28 days. From reading the message it sounds like your nephew is topping up by €20 and this would explain why he had the All You Can Eat Data however if your plan had expired and you topped up by €15 then your data would be deducted from your credit. 

If it is the case that you don't have data and you want to check if your plan is active, you can do this by logging into your My3 account, and if your plan is expired all you need to do is to top up by €20 in one transaction to activate the allowances including the All You Can Eat Data.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @blablablabla  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I'll be happy to help explain this to you. If you are on a Prepay plan and you are either on a plan with no data allowance or you don't have an active bundle, you will be charged for data at an out-of-bundle rate. While you may have only had Google Maps open, this would be using mobile data and it looks like this is the data that you were charged for. You can find more information on the pricing based on your plan here.

Thanks for your response Niall,Capture2.JPG
From what I understand, my plan is 3Prepay20 (screen attached).

You can view the name of your plan on the homepage of your My3 account, if you are on the 3 Prepay 20 plan and you don't have and active plan or an active data allowance you would be charged at €1.01 per MB. As you were using Google Maps and topped up by less than the activation amount this would explain why the credit was depleted using data.

OK, I didn't understand anything.
I have a 3 Prepay 20 plan, however, I do not have a plan unless I purchase a plan with active plan or an active data allowance. This is quite strange since I bought the same plan for my nephew and he uses all the applications he wants without limit and every 28 days he tops up again. What should I do then?

Hey @blablablabla, hope you had a great weekend. To receive the all-you-can-eat data on the 3 Prepay 20 plan, along with the other allowances, you would need to top up by €20 in one transaction every 28 days. From reading the message it sounds like your nephew is topping up by €20 and this would explain why he had the All You Can Eat Data however if your plan had expired and you topped up by €15 then your data would be deducted from your credit. 

If it is the case that you don't have data and you want to check if your plan is active, you can do this by logging into your My3 account, and if your plan is expired all you need to do is to top up by €20 in one transaction to activate the allowances including the All You Can Eat Data.