Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Recieving call from my own mobile number

Add_05877
Novice

Recieving call from my own mobile number

Just recieved a call from my own number with my details showing on the screen.
3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Add_05877 well, that's kinda weird to be honest. Can you tell me a bit more? 

• Did the number have a country code in front of it?
  • What details were showing?
  • Did you answer? 
  • Was it your future or past self on the other end?  ( had to throw that in! 🤣 )

On the serious side, did you answer and if so, was it a scam call, looking for personal details of some short? 

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Add_05877
Novice

I am very glad you think it so funny but the issue is if we can talk as mature adults?? is my phone compromised security wise or my contact number cloned what steps are to be taken????
The display on my phone when my own number called was exactly the same as if i called another phone with my number. The same mobile number, The same name, the same everything.

I know you are only helping but seriously please treat security with a more serious approach as i am sure if it happened to you. Then you would be worried about your data or personal details been viewed or taken

@Add_05877 I'm very sorry if it comes across that I was being flippant and you're right this is a serious matter and also very strange.

I was being serious when I asked if you answered and was the caller looking for personal details, like the scams related to calls looking for banking details/PPS number/credit card details/name and address/passport numbers, passwords ?

There is a thread on our ideas board regarding number spoofing over here . Have you received more calls like this or calls from unknown contacts asking why you called them? 

At present I do not believe that your phone has been cloned or your that your phone has been compromised .