Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Unable to ring/text competition line

Ben20
Novice

Unable to ring/text competition line

Hello for the last few months I have been unable to enter competitions through text. I keep getting notifications saying unable to to send message. I used to be able to send these messages. Can you please help?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi there @Ben20 👋

I can help you with this 😊 but I'll need a little more info. Did anything change around that time, new phone or new sim maybe?

Can you tell me what number you are texting and what plan you are currently on? If you're not sure of the plan please log in to your My3 account and you'll see it on your dashboard. Also, do you have any difficulty calling or texting any other numbers and what make and model phone are you using?

Hi Stacey, I am on the 3 prepay 20 plan. The number I'm texting is 57557. I don't seem to have difficulty messaging or ringing other numbers. My phone is a Samsung galaxy s20 5G. any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me @Ben20. On  3 Prepay 20, you have to have a credit balance to be able to text 57557 as these texts cost €2.50. When you tried to enter the competition do you know if you had a credit balance at the time?

I had topped up my phone and had credit on my phone to text other people. Is there similar credit plans I could change to where I could be able to text this number ?

@Ben20 your plan is a drawdown plan, meaning if you top up by €20 the system automatically takes your top up and activates your plan. On this plan to be able to text one of these competition lines, you'll need to top up by an amount less than €20 so that the value adds to your credit balance.