Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Voicemail has gone from partially to totally not working

mjd
Investigator
Investigator

Voicemail has gone from partially to totally not working

Hi,

I started with an issue where my voicemail was working fine when I declined a call or my phone wasn't on, but if I just let it ring out it asked the caller to enter their phone number followed by the hash key.

I opened a ticket and went through various calls to support and in the end they said to reset my voicemail by dialing ##002#: "Call forwarding erase successful".

However the code they gave me to reactivate it: **004*353835^^^^^^^# (where ^^^^^^ is the rest of my number)

didn't work: "Call forwarding  Connection problem or invalid MMI code."

Edit: I just got this to work by using **004*0835^^^^^^^# without the 353

I have a Huawei Y9 2019 & there is no voicemail on the phone itself like the Sony example in the forum.

My voicemail greetings are still set up when I call 171

Now all missed/declined calls are asked to "Please enter your number followed by the hash key"

This is a business phone so I really need voicemail working - any help on here much appreciated!

Cheers:)

7 REPLIES 7
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@mjd Hi there, thanks for all the detail above. 

So if I called you, and got directed to your voicemail , I'd be asked to "Please enter your number followed by the hash key". Right? Has any of the people calling you done this? If so, what happens next? 

Hi Deborah, thanks for getting back to me

Yep, that's what people hear - I've tried it on multiple phones & people have let me know that's what happened when they couldn't get through. If they enter their number, next they are asked to "Please enter your PIN".

Sounds like the voicemail system is confused and believes they are trying to access my messages or something?

@mjd I see that another one of our community members is experiencing the same as you @SG32 I see your PM and will answer as soon as I can. But does all of what @mjd has explained here sound exactly like your query? Are callers being asked "please enter your pin" ? 

Hi, Yes, same issue callers being asked to enter their pin.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@mjd Can you pop me a PM with your details - phone number, full name, address and date of birth. I'll need to pass these to our tech team also if that's ok with you? Let me know.

@SG32 I see your PM and have popped back to you 👍

Just to update, I am still having this issue and 3 have not fixed it and have gone very quiet.....
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@SG32 I've replied to your post over here 👍