Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Was charged for dialling a UK number with a 0345 prefix?

SOLVED
SeanMac
Connector

Was charged for dialling a UK number with a 0345 prefix?

Hi,

I had to ring a UK number that had the 0345 prefix (+44345 from Ireland) and I have been charged €0.56 for a 3 minute call. My phone plan is bill pay, "3 Bill Pay Unlimited Plus 12m SIMO", and 60 international minutes are included with this plan. Are calls to UK 0345 numbers included with my plan?

I have checked your price guide here:

https://www.three.ie/pdfs/legal/billpay-price-guide-y-jan-2023.pdf

and it does not say what types of calls are included with this option. I think you really need to make clear what type of numbers are included and whats not for purposes of clarity & fairness.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Thanks Shane. I was ringing my bank in Northern Ireland and I subsequently found out that it could be reached via a Republic of Ireland number.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@SeanMac Hi Sean, I've checked on the 0345 prefix & this shows as a non-geographic number. These are normally used by businesses & are not included as part of your international call allowance. The price guide you linked above states Minutes/Texts units allowance doesn’t include: Calls to premium rate numbers, non-geographic numbers in other countries, directory inquiries and all other call types.

On pages 3 & 4 of the price guide, there's a written section which includes what your minutes/texts cover & what you'll be charged for.

Thanks Shane. I was ringing my bank in Northern Ireland and I subsequently found out that it could be reached via a Republic of Ireland number.