Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Do not receive text messages from banks and Apple etc.

Scottyboy
Investigator

Do not receive text messages from banks and Apple etc.

I ported to 3 bill pay yesterday and now do not receive any of the critical texts from banks and Apple that allow me use my cards online. Have raised a ticket and tried to escalate but have been told 3-5 days is the time it would take before it can be prioritised.

I can prioritise my cancellation after 20 hours with three if this is how you deal with service issues. Just to be clear, I cannot use any of my bank services as I have 2 factor authentication setup on them all and I am not receiving any texts from automated services for some reason.

I plan to go back to the three store to hand back your phone and cancel if this is not dealt with sooner than late this week. Awful start to your service.
40 REPLIES 40

I tried to transfer money and did recieve verification code from the bank. However, I’m unable to check for codes from any other app as I keep myself logged in since this issue .

Have the same issue, switched today. Can't login to boi, paypal, revolut, Facebook. Opened a ticket but don't think I can wait a week. I can't pay my rent ! How can this be a consistent issue months later

@Mike_01879 sorry to hear this and I know it's stressful when you can't access your banking apps, let alone the other apps. This happened to me before regarding access to BOI app, but thankfully at that time I was able to log in to the BOI website. This is no longer the case because of new security measures! I'd love to make the investigation go faster and have to ask, have you been back to the area you opened the ticket in, 1913 or messaging? The only thing I can do here is check on the current status.

I was told it was opened by one of your chat room operators. I have screen shot, the ticket id REQ000000128366 but I dont see it in myThree

@Mike_01879 tech investigations don't show up in My3, however, orders such as upgrades, add-ons or other account changes do.  We can check the status of the investigation for you, and I'd reckon we'd have more news on Monday or Tuesday. Pop me a PM, with your full name, number, address and date of birth so that I'll be able to access your account

PM Sent ... thanks for the help.

If I cant get this resolved relatively quickly I will have to return the phone and cancel the contract. What is the procedure when I bought it online ? Can I return it to a store ? 

@Mike_01879 thanks for the PM and I see this has been sorted for you. 

Hi, I am having a similar issue for the last two weeks. One-time passcodes are not coming through from my bank and now also from Paypal. Some other are working ok and text messages are sending and receiving to other phones ok. Can you please investigate asap ?

@David_01586 Hi there, happy to investigate this for you. Tell me, have you changed plan, phone, SIM card over the last two week?

Hi Deborah, thanks. Nope, no changes to plan, phone or SIM.