Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

ESIM Rollout

ESIM Rollout

Hi

Vodafone Ireland have recently started issuing ESims in ROI.  I think Three should follow suit soon, handsets such as iPhone only allow dual sim using one of these

455 Comments
dbrady
Investigator

Have to agree, my Contract is up at the end of January and I would be reluctant to renew without this, it's an essential for me now

Daffii

Any news on 3 eSim rollout at all?? 

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

Hi all,

I know we are all eagerly awaiting more news on eSIM support and we at Three appreciate all the comments here on the Ideas board. I assure you that these are being taken into consideration and I wanted to acknowledge that. There is a huge amount of work involved in any rollout, including testing to ensure compatibility and rule out other faults. I’d love to give a launch date but can only say, keep an eye on the status here  👍

Ian_Collins

I'm quite happy with Three's network coverage, and support over the past decade or more, but I will move to Vodafone when my contract expires in the coming months because the esim will permit me to operate two numbers but carry only one phone.

If Three roll out an esim before then, I will not switch.

Shadician

I'm surprised Three Ireland still doesn't allow eSIMs while its counterpart Three UK and Vodafone Ireland both already do. Saw the announcement in early 2021 that it would be coming so it's extremely disappointing there's still no date for a planned rollout. I use two numbers for work and home purposes, and older phones often have dual-sim slots. But the newer models use one physical slot and one eSIM... So now I have a new phone that uses eSIM I find I now have to switch over to Vodafone to keep using two numbers on the one phone. A real shame, as the customer service, network coverage and cost of my contract has all been good, and I've been with Three for years.

billbond4
Leader

i would say it should be soon enough, as Three will probably roll esims out as their 5G network grows

TomOS086

Any update on this? It’s over two months since the last comment from Three.

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

Hi folks, we've been quiet here as we don't have any solid news yet. We've been sharing all your comments with the relevant team and will continue to do so. As always, as soon as we have an update for you all we'll be posting here so keep your eyes peeled 👍

Is there any update regarding E-SIM. We are waiting for this nearly  a year now. 

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Abdelrahman_02885 Hi there, We're all eager for news of this rollout but following on from what @LauraH said, we will come back here as soon as we have confirmation of a release date. Stay tuned!