Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

ESIM Rollout

ESIM Rollout

Hi

Vodafone Ireland have recently started issuing ESims in ROI.  I think Three should follow suit soon, handsets such as iPhone only allow dual sim using one of these

453 Comments
pizzahead77
Investigator

According to the article https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/mobileesim-cards-are-coming-to-irish-phones-but-not-a... Three are due to introduce them in the "coming months" so hopefully it won't be too long

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Investigating

@dbrady 

This is a topic that comes up every now and then. I can only confirm what @pizzahead77 said here that supporting ESIMs is under investigation and it's possible that I'll have more news in the future.

Stay tuned 😎

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Accepted

@dbrady @pizzahead77 Hi there, our devices team are working on eSIMS and I can now mark this as "accepted". This status doesn't mean that eSIM will be available soon. Keep on eye on the status. What you are looking for is "delivered" 👌

Dean8
Ridiculous that Vodafone launched eSims without smartwatch support, big gap in the market in Ireland for 4G compatible watches. I know eSim is up for discussion already for Three but please consider launching them for smartwatch too!
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Dean8 Hi there and thanks for you idea! I've moved it over here as it's similar to @dbrady's idea and I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion about smartwatches to the team working on this! Speaking of which, have you seen our new Lifestyle Store yet? There are some really cool smart devices over there, be sure to check them out and keep an eye for new products in the future 😁

Kieran4

I've just bought a 4G Samsung Watch 4 in anticipation of esim support being rolled out soon. I've been a 3 customer for years but will definitely switch to the first network that introduces esim support. This is a huge potential market - it's only a matter of time before 4G smart watches are widespread and all networks will support them...whoever starts first will attract lots of switchers and sell lots of (4G smart watch) hardware - hope it's 3!

Daffii

Yes, I recently switched jobs and want to change my personal sim to an eSim. 3 Uk have introduced eSim last year! Why are the Irish branch lagging so far behind. My contract is up next month and will probably switch to vodaphone as it seems they will start soon enough

MrPickles2009

When eSim comes out will we all be sent a qr code to add the plan to our phones?

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@MrPickles2009 All details will be revealed as the big launch approaches 😁

aviraldg

Is there an ETA here? Can we expect this to be launched by the end of the year? (Not sure how long I'd be comfortable waiting, since Vodafone now has eSIM support, and lugging around two phones gets annoying fast.)