Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

ESIM Rollout

ESIM Rollout

Hi

Vodafone Ireland have recently started issuing ESims in ROI.  I think Three should follow suit soon, handsets such as iPhone only allow dual sim using one of these

455 Comments
Dalk
Investigator

@Three_Stacey 

Stacey can you please explain why I have to go into a store to activate it while other, existing customers don’t?  

Bruno_07153
Investigator

IMG_0009.png

@Dalk because of miscommunication between staff. chat support will invariably tell you that you need to go in store, phone support might do it over the phone. just got an esim up and running through the phone. didn’t go to a store, just rang the helpline. cheers.

Curt_03186
My phone esim was also done over the phone.
Dalk
Investigator

@Curt_03186  @Bruno_07153 

Rang again, third time.  Told conflicting information again. Said I knew of two existing customers who had moved to eSIM over the phone, and I was told this was not possible and only possible in store…  when I reiterated that other existing customers had done it over the phone I was met with the same reply.  

There is a saying about organising something in a brewery that comes to mind.  

In slightly better news, I was told that Apple Watch support is coming…   So I guess by 2025ish we’ll have it.  

@Three_Stacey what is going on??  

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Dalk  existing customers need to pop instore to get their eSIM activated.

Dalk
Investigator

Went in store.  The helpful member of staff did it there and then for me.  She said they had had loads of people in this morning to do it.  

Not really sure why it needs to be done in store. But it’s done anyway.  

Curt_03186
Now the wait continues for Apple Watch.
Dalk
Investigator

@Curt_03186 

Yeah, it will be great to finally get to use the Apple Watch ultra on its own.  Fingers crossed they roll it out soon. 

The launch of eSIM is a bit rusty, but at least they’ve launched it to all customers in one go, rather than in tranches.

@Three_Stacey  When I get my iPhone 15 in a couple of months, will my eSIM copy over in the backup-setup process?  I’ll be doing it in the states, so definitely won’t be able to get into a three store. 

Curt_03186

Don't think it will. I had an esim from a South African provider on my
iPhone 12. When I upgraded to iPhone 15 the number was there but it said no
sim. It was looking to add a new esim. Couldn't transfer from one to the other. It said trasfer not supported. Looking now, it also says that for the Three esim.

Toryb
Investigator

The feature you’re looking for is called “eSIM Quick Transfer” by Apple. Not all phone carriers support it. If it doesn’t, you need to contact your carrier to have a new eSIM issued to your new phone.