Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Give your 4G mobile broadband customers a chance to go to 5G

Give your 4G mobile broadband customers a chance to go to 5G

I'm fortunate enough to be in a 5G area, which came after I signed a contract for 4G mobile broadband.  I'm keen to upgrade, as the offer of 5G broadband isn't available to everyone.  I'd love to pay Three more to avail of it.

But I can't.  I have to wait for my contract to expire. On 4G.  It's frustrating, as I'd love to stay with Three.

I'm fortunate enough to have a PCP (Personal Contract Purchase) arrangement for the car I drive.  Earlier this year, I was keen to upgrade to a newer car.  'No problem' they said.  There was no penalty to do it.  The monthly repayments went up a little, but I was able to do it, and wasn't penalised to do it.

3 Comments
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

Hi there, thanks for posting your idea. I have passed along the request to the relevant team on your behalf. Once they get back to me with an update I'll let you know. I'll change the current status from 'New ' to 'Investigating'. 

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Investigating

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Declined

@Add_17308 Hi there, thanks for your patience while we had this checked out for you.

At the moment we don't have plans to introduce an option for customers currently in contract on our 4G broadband plan to upgrade at any point to our 5G plan. As part of our business rules, it's currently possible to upgrade within the last 3 months of your contract. If you wish to upgrade closer to the time contact our care team on freephone 1913.