Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Improvement of 5g signal in Mitchelstown Co.Cork area

Improvement of 5g signal in Mitchelstown Co.Cork area

Hi there. I am Three broadband customer for last 3 years,including 5g since last year. I was wondering if there is possibility to add 5g signal to THR_CK0492 site,which is nearly in the town centre? Home broadband is connecting to THR_LK0182 site ,its over 5 kilometers away from the town and always heavy congested between 8 and 11pm . The THR_CK0492 site is much faster in these hours, but its an LTE only. I believe this upgrade would make connection much smoother ,especially for streaming and gaming, as at the moment streaming is difficult .

Just to give some example : 

THR_LK0182 at 9pm

edit picture.png

THR_LK0182.JPG

THR_LK0182 at 9pm with LTE only :

edit picture 2.png

THR_CK0492 at same time

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-10 at 21.20.42_1fdaee94.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-04-10 at 21.21.05_ef3cc3fc.jpg

As you can see above ,5g is very congested and instead of helping with speeds its actually slower. It makes no point to pay for 5g broadband at current levels. 

1 Comment
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin
Status changed to: Accepted

Hey @KrauseMichal , thanks for submitting your idea here. Our networks team is continuously working to improve the network nationwide, while I don't have a specific timeframe on when these specific masts will be worked on, we update the Planned Works blog where you can view the latest planned works nationwide. As you know Three is committed to bringing 5G to more people, more businesses and more places right across Ireland as we retain our position as Ireland's fastest mobile network.

I'm moving your Idea to 'Accepted' and if any other members feel like this Idea is worth prioritising they can 'Like' it by clicking the star at the top of the suggestion.

It's super important to note that being moved to 'Accepted' is not an indicator of an immediate response, we do not have a timeline for these works right now, we will update this Idea again as we find out more