Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Old Phone? New Phone Special Offer!

Old Phone? New Phone Special Offer!

The average person today will purchase a new device approximately every 2 years. But what if your device is now outdated? The OS is no longer supported but your device works well enough to keep you going however the quality has degraded.

I have been using the iPhone 6 16Gb (yes just a 6 and yes just 16Gb) for about 8 years now. Before that, I was using my handed-down iPhone 3G and before that a Nokia. I do my best with all technology I own to make it go the full mile. 

I have brand loyalty and service loyalty. I bought my Nokia with Three and carried over the SIM to my iPhone 3G. I bought my iPhone 6 with Three and I haven't changed service provider since.

My Nokia at the time was pricey, around 250 euros, but had great features like Bluetooth, 3G, and a fairly good camera. Devices nowadays, particularly flagship devices have had their prices soar upwards, x4 plus of my old Nokia.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that customers of Three's service that have been loyal to them and have been using the same device with them for say, 4-5 plus years should get a special offer on upgrading their device that is not time-limited.

As the offer would only be available to those with older, outdated devices, once the offer is claimed it won't be offered again until another 4-5 years. This creates an incentive for customers to stay loyal to Three and also combats E-Waste as devices would be purchased less often and used longer. 

The special offer could be a price discount on a new device, a free period on a service plan, or a free accessory on the purchase of a device upgrade.

4 Comments
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

Hi there, thanks for this idea. I've taken the information you have provided & forwarded it to the relevant team & will update you as soon as they get back to me. In the meantime, I'm going to change the status of the idea to investigating. Have a nice weekend. 

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Investigating

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Declined

@Add_14897 Hi there, thanks for posting on our ideas board. I've sent your idea to the relevant team & they have come back to say we currently don't have plans to offer special discounts based on tenure with Three. While this is a great idea it's not something we're planning on introducing in the near future.

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Add_14897 Hi there, just popping back to you on your idea. You may or may not have seen recently that we introduced a 3Recycle program where you can trade in your old phones & get up to €600 back. For more details check out our blog All About: Three Recycle. If you have any questions about the service pop your question in the comments of the blog 😊