Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Plan cell towers in Killbarrack and Bayside

Plan cell towers in Killbarrack and Bayside

Dear Three,

I live near these areas and I think it’s a good idea for you guys to add more Cell towers to these areas as most of the cell towers we get connected to is in greendale shopping centre which doesn’t have LTE spectrum band which means even if you do get 4G in your phone you won’t get the full potential of full bars the cell towers in greendale shopping centre is UMTS which is 3G which means most people would get 3G in the area. Today I tested myself in bayside shopping centre I got 3 bars I think that place is a good place for three to add some cell towers and some areas behind the centra like bayside blvd n. I think the following place needs some cell towers planned in the future if so bayside shopping centre,bayside blvd n, cell tower near stop 544 and cell tower near stop 592 close to the traffic lights. If planning these areas please add LTE(4G) to them and the other spectrum bands you guys have UMTS(3G) and GSM(2G).

I think these places can add value and can reduce the data coverage problems people may experience in these areas. Hope you guys consider the places I said and take them into consideration.

Regards,

Jalilian

14 Comments
LauraH
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Investigating

@Arad12 Good morning Jalilian, thanks so much for posting this. I've moved the status to 'Investigating' while I explore this with the relevant teams. As soon as I have news I'll be back to let you know and to update the status again 👍

Arad12
Investigator

Reply back if they messaged anything 

Arad12
Investigator

I also suggested this idea due to 5G because if you want for customers get perfect speeds and performance you need more cell towers in order to do that.

Data seems to work very better outside than inside due to the barriers there is inside than outside but there is only four things that can stop you getting good speeds outside which is weather,distance from the base station/cell tower to your phone,how many people are using that cell tower your conencted to especially urban areas like the city centre and things like terrain and buildings.

The only places if you want to get 4G is somewhere outside because there is a direction your phone needs to be at for radio waves to get to the phone.

You would find most carriers have 3G/UMTS perfect in coverage map because it's a widenly used spectrum and it has been there for years.

I do understand that cell towers or antennes or masts can take near to year or so to build but the most important thing is you need a lot of patience in these type of situations. 

Thanks for reading my message to anyone who is watching including customers and staff.

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Arad12 Good morning 👋 Thanks again for submitting your idea here. As promised, I brought the suggestion to our networking team and they've confirmed that these areas will be upgraded at some point in the future. As you know Three is committed to bringing 5G to more people, more businesses and more placed right across Ireland as we retain our position as Irelands fastest mobile network. 

I'm moving your Idea to 'Accepted' from 'Investigating' and if any other members feel like this Idea is worth prioritising they can 'Like' it by clicking the star at the top of the suggestion.

It's super important to note that being moved to 'Accepted' is not an indicator of an immediate response, we do not have a timeline for these works right now, we will update this Idea again as we find out more 💪

LauraH
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Accepted

Arad12
Investigator

Yes I'm aware of how long it takes I asked this because I get 4 bars outside mostly at most and I know its because the cell towers positioned are far away which is mostly near the Greendale shopping centre but the problem with them towers are one thing mostly almost 90% of the time the trees absorb most of the signal which is why the bars is mostly at 4 bars for me outdoors.

For example take the following areas into consideration Sutton and Raheny you would suspect you would get 5 bars because it has more base stations to move around across.

Also I was interested on getting one of the three broadband in the future.

Arad12
Investigator

How come when I try to turn on my 2G when I test anywhere it doesnt work?

In my area where the signal seems to decrease from is when we pass the Bank of Ireland Raheny. 

Even when I go outside the bars dont go full which must be a indicator its most likely the trees are absorbing 99% of the radio waves that are trying to connect to my device.

Do you need to be within the range of the cell tower to have full signal strength is that right?

Do cell towers have to have a limit distance between each other? 

Barry_01612

Hi there. I was wondering if there are any plans to upgrade the coverage in this area to 5G? It's long been a bit of a black spot (for all operators) and high speed wired broadband is also poor. Thanks

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Investigating

@Barry_01612 Good morning Barry, thanks so much for posting this. I've moved the status to 'Investigating' while I check with our network team. As soon as I have news I'll be back to let you know and to update the status again. 

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Barry_01612 Good morning 👋 I brought your idea to our networking team and they've confirmed that your area will be upgraded at some point in the future. As you know Three is committed to bringing 5G to more people, more businesses and more places right across Ireland as we retain our position as Ireland's fastest mobile network. 

I'm moving your Idea to 'Accepted' from 'Investigating'.

It's important to note that being moved to 'Accepted' is not an indicator of an immediate response, we do not have a timeline for these works right now, we will update this Idea again as we find out more 💪