Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Top Up Warning Alert

Top Up Warning Alert

I am new to both Three and having an unlocked phone with a SIM card. As mentioned in my previous post, I used up the 60 minutes of non-Three phone calls quickly and was alerted that my balance was low. I attempted to add €20 to my balance. I was unaware that if I added €20 it would not add anything to my balance but rather reset my account for a new 28 period even though I was only a week into my first 28 days. In other words, I lost €20 doing this.

When I called customer service to understand why the €20 I added was not added to my balance. The €20 policy was explained to me. When I asked how I was supposed to know that I was told “it’s in the T & C”, meaning the terms and conditions, the legal document.

As I said above, I am new. I do not believe “it’s in the T & C” is an appropriate response. It makes feel like I am sucker.

So, here is my suggestion: when topping up and selecting €20 (or more, I guess) when there is still loads of days left in a 28 day plan there should be a pop-up dialog box that tells the customer that they have n of days left and selecting €20 will reset the account, are you sure you want to reset the account.

In other words, protect the customer regardless of the T & C. As it is, I feel like you picked my pocket and as a result my trust in Three is diminished.

5 Comments
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin
Status changed to: Investigating

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @rcox1963 thanks for your Idea 👍

I'm forwarding your idea to our Product and Future Development teams for investigation. As soon as there's an update I'll let you know.

rcox1963
Investigator

I might add that when I click the Top Up button, the default amount setting is €20. There should be no default setting when selecting €20 resets my 28 day period and €10 or €15 adds to my balance. On my plan, €20 v €10-15 is two radically different options. I believe there should be two districts buttons: (1) add to balance; (2) reset/reactivate your account.

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Thanks, @rcox1963 I'll send this on to the team to be added to your idea.

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin
Status changed to: Declined

Thank you for your Idea, I have received confirmation from our future development team that at this time we do not have any plans to introduce this type of notification. This is possibly something that will be looked at in the future but at the moment it is not on our roadmap.