Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

NAT type won't change from strict

Patrick_13030
Investigator

NAT type won't change from strict

Since getting the ZTE WiFi 6 T3000 router my NAT type has been stuck on Type Strict.

I have tried resetting, port forwarding, enabling DMZ, enabling UPnP, and nothing is working.

The PlayStation I have has a static IP and it still didn't work, and changing networks and using LAN makes no difference, so I have been told it's a problem on the ISP's side so I was wondering if anything can be done to fix that?

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Patrick_13030  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

Can you please pop through to me here on PM along with your full name, broadband number, address and date of birth and also a screenshot of where you are seeing the NAT being stuck on Strict on the Playstation please so I can pass this onto the team to investigate this further?

As you're new to the Community you'll need to increase your rank to send PMs. You can increase your rank by commenting on posts, creating new posts, & kudos/liking comments. Once you rank up you'll get a message to notify you & you'll need to log out & back into the Community & you'll be able to PM us directly. Or if you'd prefer you can contact customer care on 1913 or by clicking here to chat to our messaging team.

Padraig_46186
Investigator

Hi Patrick,

did you get this resolved? I have the same issue since getting my wifi set up last week

I didn't, Live text chat with the support was useless, calls have a 10 minute waiting time, and I got hanged up when I finally got a call, and if I want to pm someone capable of helping then I have to level up on this horrible community website.

I think the issue is that the broadband has CGNAT enabled on it, which is blocking it from being anything other than NAT type strict.

If I don't get proper capable support to fix this soon then I'm switching to a different ISP.

You might have more luck calling them than me, if you do call them, ask for your Carrier Grade (CG) NAT to be disabled on your account, that should solve it

Hey @Patrick_13030, I have checked this here for you and you should now have access to contact me here via PM. Pop through to me here on PM along with your details so I can raise this with the technical team for you. 

@Padraig_46186, If you are also facing the same issue pop through to me here on PM along with your broadband number, full name, address and date of birth and I'll raise this with the technical team also.