Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Difference between Prepay and Broadband

SOLVED
Klifern

Difference between Prepay and Broadband

Hi. What is the difference between broadband 4G and prepay 4G sim plans?
I'm interested in the difference in internet speed, ping and stability (pikes, packet loss).
I am currently using prepay 15 hero 4G on my router and am experiencing connection stability issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Klifern Hi there & welcome to the 3Community. In regards to the differences between broadband and prepay.

Our broadband SIMs don't have the ability to use call or text service & are made for use in routers only.

Our mobile phone SIMs have full service i.e calls, texts, & data. They can be used in a router but as the SIM is designed for a mobile phone we cannot guarantee service if it's used in a router. 

With any of our services we can't give an estimate on the speeds you receive as your coverage is provided through a radio-based signal, what this means is that there's no constant set speed that you can get & your speeds are likely to fluctuate depending on a number of factors, such as the distance from the mast, the line of sight for the signal, the weather & foliage can also affect your speeds.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Klifern Hi there & welcome to the 3Community. In regards to the differences between broadband and prepay.

Our broadband SIMs don't have the ability to use call or text service & are made for use in routers only.

Our mobile phone SIMs have full service i.e calls, texts, & data. They can be used in a router but as the SIM is designed for a mobile phone we cannot guarantee service if it's used in a router. 

With any of our services we can't give an estimate on the speeds you receive as your coverage is provided through a radio-based signal, what this means is that there's no constant set speed that you can get & your speeds are likely to fluctuate depending on a number of factors, such as the distance from the mast, the line of sight for the signal, the weather & foliage can also affect your speeds.