Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

ZTE MC7010 equipment on 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold package

SOLVED
Ciaran_
Investigator

ZTE MC7010 equipment on 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold package

Hi, I am considering signing up for the 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold package (Technician Installation), but I would like a bit more information on the ZTE MC7010 equipment.

1. Is there a separate router inside the house, or does the MC7010 do everything in one unit?

2. Does the ZTE MC7010 "box" contain the sim card, i.e. if a hard reset was needed, would you need to be able to get external access to the box to physically reset it?

3. Would there be more than one hole drilled in an external wall to get inside the house e.g. power out and ethernet back in?

4. I am typically getting about 50Mb/s download speeds on a 5G phone at my location - would the ZTE equipment achieve higher speeds such as the 200Mb/s - 300 Mb/s quoted elsewhere on this forum

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Ciaran_ HI Ciaran, welcome to the 3Community, I'll answer your questions below in the same order.
1. Yes there's a separate router inside your house. 

2. Yes, the ZTE would contain a SIM card. As this is an external device you may not have access to do a hard reset but we do have a dedicated team that can help with any queries regarding resetting the signal.

3. This would depend on the assessment of the installer. Three will make every effort to site the equipment in a location of your choice & will endeavour to comply with any reasonable requests you may have regarding the routing of cables.

4. As with any telecommunication company we're unable to provide an accurate speed as our service is provided via a radio-based signal which means speeds can fluctuate.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Ciaran_ HI Ciaran, welcome to the 3Community, I'll answer your questions below in the same order.
1. Yes there's a separate router inside your house. 

2. Yes, the ZTE would contain a SIM card. As this is an external device you may not have access to do a hard reset but we do have a dedicated team that can help with any queries regarding resetting the signal.

3. This would depend on the assessment of the installer. Three will make every effort to site the equipment in a location of your choice & will endeavour to comply with any reasonable requests you may have regarding the routing of cables.

4. As with any telecommunication company we're unable to provide an accurate speed as our service is provided via a radio-based signal which means speeds can fluctuate.

What is the modem/router that comes with the 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold package for inside the house?

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Joe_18192 and welcome to 3Community. The answer your question is the 5G FWA ZTE MC7010 (ZTE) 😊

Is the 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold package a "Fixed Wireless Broadband Access" installation which is described by Three at https://www.three.ie/legal/terms/mobile-and-fwa-network-speeds.html ?