Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Issue with open.internet.public APN

Daniel_06653
Investigator

Issue with open.internet.public APN

Hi all,

I hope you can help me. I have 3Broadband 5G (Huawei CPE Pro 2 router) which works great. A little while ago I was provided with public IP address which also works great: just had to change APN to open.internet.public.

Everything normally works great, with a little caveat: when I tried to download large, single file (we're talking 20+ GB, specifically PS5 games), after about 1.5 -2 GB of downloading at really good speeds (ca. 300 Mbps), the download stops, not just on this particular device, but other devices on the same network (both wired and wireless) are also having problems downloading files (I can browse web, but any file download fill stop after around 10 MB, that includes stuff like streaming video and Speedtest.net). This happens for about 5-10 minutes, after which everything resumes, again for a while, or another ca. 2 GB of large file is being downloaded. 

After a lot back-and-forth (rebooting, resetting etc.) I realized, that after switching to default APN (3FWA.ie) the issue doesn't happen: I can download massive files with no issues. The moment I switch APN back (to open.internet.public): the same thing occurs and I can recreate it every time (for this to occur download needs to be really fast, downloading files at 60 - 80 Mbps doesn't seem to cause this issue).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Is there like a limit on the APN of some kind? or maybe issue with public IP address?

Thank you!

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
Daniel_06653
Investigator

I would appreciate help with my issue please.

Hey @Daniel_06653 let's get this looked into and investigated for you. Can you please send me a Private Message with the broadband number, full name, full address and date of birth so I can assist you further?