Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Says i have 5g on the coverage checker

Cruzy

Says i have 5g on the coverage checker

Hi i recently bought a 5g phone after checking on the three coverage map and even the irish telecommunications coverage map and it says i can receive it however i cant i still have 4g at home but i get 5g when I'm out my eircode is r95 f64. 

Is there any plans for 5g in this area? As I'm kinda bummed out because i wasted my money. 

Am i entitled to a refund if i brought my phone back to the shop?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Cruzy, thanks for contacting us here, in future I wouldn't recommend posting your Eircode on our Community Threads however I can see it was missing a digit. If you would like to pop through to me here on PM with the Eircode I'd be happy to look into this further for you. As you would receive your coverage through a radio-based signal there are multiple factors that can affect your coverage. 

You can view the coverage in your area by going to the link here and once you have entered your Eircode or Address, 5G Coverage will be labelled as indoor if you can receive 5G overage indoors but unfortunately, you wouldn't be entitled to return the device if 5G isn't available indoors.