Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Signal in Kilkenny

Cruzy

Signal in Kilkenny

Hi, i have recently cancelled my Vodafone home broadband as my contract was up and im thinking of switching. But doing so i never realised just how slow my 4g internet is on my phone. Without the wifi in the home anymore I'm relying on my phone signal to use the internet but im getting speeds of 1 or 1.1 mbs if im lucky it's nearly impossible to use as even messages wont come thru. I have got a couple of apps for signal strength and cell tower locations and they seem to say its a poor signal here but I'm right in the middle of Kilkenny in a busy area friends and family dont have that issue with other carriers. 

So i guess I'm just asking if there are any plans to upgrade my area or is it merely hard luck theres not much that can be done kind of situation? 

Cheers 

Paul

1 REPLY 1
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Cruzy  🙂 Can I confirm are you in the middle of Kilkenny City itself as I have checked the masts here and I can confirm that they are currently up and running in the area? I would recommend selecting your device here and following the steps to manually select the network and then restarting your phone to check if this helps improve the service in your area.