Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Slow speeds in Dundalk

SeanMac
Connector

Slow speeds in Dundalk

Hi,

been getting poor speeds here at Carrickmacross Road in Dundalk for the last week or so in the evenings. I've attached one of my speed test results. Just wondering is there a fault somewhere as up to now speeds have rarely dropped below 30 Megs regardless of the time of day. The nearest Three mast to me is THR_LO0008 which is less than half a kilometre from my house. I'm getting a very good signal all the time (5 bars out of 5).

Thanks,

IMG_1117.jpg

signal.png

15 REPLIES 15
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @SeanMac , I have checked the coverage at the location provided and I can confirm that there is not a fault in the area that would be affecting your broadband, can you try doing a reset on your broadband device to restablish a connection to the network? Depending on your device the reset button can normally be found on the bottom of the device and this would be a separate process to powering the device off and on again. 

Ok Niall, thanks for that. Am in work at the minute so will try this later on this evening and will report back after a bit of monitoring.

Hi,

I did a reset on my router as suggested and did some more tests. Still slow. See below. Just wondering has overall traffic increased in the last week or so in the area and that it's causing a slowdown? Is it possible to check this?

IMG_1124.jpg

Hey @SeanMac , I have checked the masts in the area and I can confirm that they are up and running however there are more troubleshooting steps we can attempt to help improve speeds, what model of router are you using?

It's a Huawei B618.

Thanks Sean, can you pop through to me here on PM along with your full name, broadband number, address and date of birth and I will check the account for you.

Niall, PM sent.

Very slow here again this evening.

IMG_1252.jpeg

Hi @SeanMac sorry to hear you're having difficulties with slow speeds. How is it this morning?