Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

€2 Daily Pass for Legacy Plans

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

€2 Daily Pass for Legacy Plans

Hello 3Community,

We have some customers who are on legacy plans that do not include All You Can Eat Data. When data usage is detected the €2 Daily Pass is activated. This €2 is for usage of up to 200MB per day and usage over 200MB is charged at €1.01 per MB. 

Here on 3Community our members have switched off mobile data and followed the checklist below;

1. All mobile data off
  2. Wifi Assist and iCloud and Google sync/similar is off
  3. Push notifications are switched off
  4. GPS location switched off
  5. No MMS sent or received
  6. No long SMS ( wrapped to MMS send/receive)
  7. Automatic updates switched off
  8. Turn off background app refresh
  9. No external devices linked to your phone ( MiBand, FitBit, Smartwatch)
  10. No subscription text that contains bitly links

If you have received notification of this charge, let us know the time, date, and amount of data used, along with the type of phone you are using. Please comment below.

85 REPLIES 85

I’m using an iPhone 7 and have received messages on the following dates

10 April 16.36

11 April 09.00

20 April 09.00

21 April 18.37

23 April 10.07

27 April 15.53

28 April 09.00

29 April 09.19

30 April 09.01

I have only started using a smart phone and my son has identified this charge. I have not been using any mobile data. Please advise what happens next. Thanks

2handsinthetill
Investigator

Currently waiting for top up to come through, 2 days and counting.Meanwhile I've had my pocket picked twice- haha, I suppose if you can get away with it! Technically this top up has cost me 24euro-so far.

Who cares?

Hey Margaret, I hope you're keeping well. If you don't have a data package active on your plan then the daily pass would kick in unless you have turned the mobile data off. Your handset would need to use data even if you don't, this is to make sure everything is updated on the handset. 

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. Two days is too long for a top-up. Has it come through? I'll be happy to look into this for you. Can you pop me a PM with your number, address, & date of birth? 

Tnx for your info!

Add_73291
Novice

Hi I changed my phone yesterday and have since lost all my credit in a space of 3 minutes how can I deactivate day pass.