Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Check Balance credit amount

Gilva_05544
Investigator

Check Balance credit amount

On the 13th February, I topped up €40.
On the 14th February was used to €20 for charged, leaving a balance of €20. My balance just disappeared and today my plan expired and I made a new charge for the data to work.
The credits amount in my 3 account disappeared.

7 REPLIES 7
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Gilva_05544 Hi there, I've popped your post over to our Prepay section as you mention topping up 😊 Tell me, have you checked your Events in My3 to see where the credit was used? Re: All About My3 and Prepay will show you how, check it out and let me know how you get on.

Note in the image that I am sending on February 13th I put €40 and on February 14th €20 was deducted to renew the plan and I had a balance of €20.
As my remaining €20 balance disappeared and I was without internet, I had to top up again on March 14th.

Three - Gilvã.PNG

balance - Gilvã.PNG

@Gilva_05544 thanks for the full details 😊

I see the top-up of €40 on the 13th of February and I also see that the balance on the 13th reflects the "€20 draw down" because the remaining balance was €20. This means that your 28-day plan started on the 13th of Feb and expired on the 13th of March. I understand that on the 14th, it shows the plan charge of €20, with a balance left of €20. Please remember that the top-up activated the plan.

I believe your credit was used when the plan expired at mid-night on the 13th.Can you see any charges for data in the early morning of the 14th? 

Note in the second image on the 14th of March I had to buy a new €20 credit to not run out of data, because my €20 balance disappeared and didn't automatically enter as it should have.

In the first image it is very clear that it is a new charge via PayPal and not a charge of the balance, I reiterate that my balance was not on a computer and that's why my data was cut.

@Gilva_05544 Okay, so I see a PayPal top-up not a scheduled top-up. As mentioned, I do see the top-up on the 14th of March, but your 28 day plan expired at mid-night the 13th of March. So yes you needed to top-up again to active the plan.

Can you please check your events in My3 for data charges that equate to €20 in the early morning of the 14th of March? The charge to your balance is reflected under events. 

I'll explain again, on the 13th of February I made a top up of €40 via paypal from the recurring charge on the 14th of February. My new balance on the 14th of February is €20, which should have been cashed on the 13th of March. As my balance didn't enter and I ran out of data I made a new top up on the 14th of March is €20 via pay pal. The information is clear in both images.

I don't know why my €20 balance disappeared and it wasn't even credited to my plan.

@Gilva_05544 I totally understand what you're saying and yes, the images are clear 👍 From your €40 top-up on the 13th of February , €20 was deducted for the plan activation, leaving you with €20 credit. Your plan expired on mind-night the 13th of March, though 🤔

This means that on the 14th, you had no allowances including data and only a top-up of €20 activates a new 28-day of allowances. When you top-up by €20, the drawn down ( reoccurring charge) has no excess credit to draw from, however, on the 13th of Feb when you had €40 and €20 left over. A remaining balance doesn't activate your plan, only a top-up.

Our blog on plan activation might help All about: Prepay Plan Activation 🙂

When your plan expired at mid-night the 13th of March, all usage ( calls, text, data) became chargeable. Data is €1.01 per MB, so credit is used up very quickly. You'll be able to confirm this by checking your events on the 14th of March. 

We'll also check it here on our side by accessing your account for usage, just send a PM with your details - full name, address and date of birth and we'll have a look at the 14th of March for you 👌