Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Consistently charged 2 euro for data

Louison

Consistently charged 2 euro for data

I have a 1GB 28 Day Add on. About 3 or 4 times this year the following has happened.

- I get to the end of the 28 days with almost all of the data unused

- 9.99 is taken from my credit

- The following morning I get a text saying "Your EUR2 DayPass has been activated."

- 2 euros is taken from my credit

I have not ordered this. Each time I have spent a long time on chat with agents. The first couple of times after a lifetime they added the 2 euros back to my credit.

The last time the agent wouldn't listen to what I was saying and kept insisting that I had run out of data. When I knew I had about 800MB left in my allowance before the 1GB kicked in again. He kept insisting that I had used all of my allowance and then an app used mobile data to access the internet. And as I had no allowance this kicked off the 2EURO day pass.

He told me the previous agents had just been nice to me before and that there was never a problem. I kept sending details from my data information available to me on my account showing how much data I had used, and that I was nowhere near out of data. But he wouldn't address this and when I eventually sent him screenshots he dropped the chat.

This month it has happened again. 

Surely there is some sort of bug in the system. My best guess is that anything I have left at the end of the month is dropped to 0 before the new 1GB is applied. Then the 2EURO day pass is being applied at that point. If I have a rolling Add On being applied every month, I can't understand why the process is leaving me temporarily with 0MBs during the renewal process. And then charging me extra because something is accessing mobile data, in the middle of the night, while I'm on Wifi.

1 REPLY 1
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Louison Hello, that's not what we like to hear. I want to look into this for you and to do this I'll need to gain access to your account. Pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth to get the ball rolling 👌