Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Is it possible to send my own credit to another 3 user?

Megan97
Investigator

Is it possible to send my own credit to another 3 user?

I recently convinced a friend that they should switch to 3 from Vodafone based on my experience of having the 20 euro Prepay all you can eat data plan. For me I have always kept the 20 euro credit with my plan which is why my friend chose to change over. Now I see that 3 are now taking this 20 euro credit away when you choose this plan. I think that is very misleading and I am quite disappointed as I have always been a big fan of the 3 network and I feel foolish to have convinced them to change when they do not get to receive the same plan as I am.

Is there anything that can be done to have them on the same plan as me? or perhaps for me to share some of my credit balance with them? 

4 REPLIES 4
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Megan97 Hi Megan & welcome to the 3Community. From the information you've given it sounds like you're on our legacy plan 3Prepay. With this plan when you top-up the top-up amount is added to your credit balance. On our newer plans like the one your friend is on the top-up is drawn down to activate their plan allowances. 

As the plan you're on is now a legacy plan & is no longer available it's not possible to switch your friend to this plan. Once a top-up is added to an account it can't be moved or shared with another prepaid account.

Megan97
Investigator

Okay then. Well is it possible for me to send them some of my own credit then?

Also they were supposed to receive 2x 20 euro elverys vouchers for switching which they didn't and I was supposed to receive a one for all voucher for referring them which I haven't. And he was never informed of the 15euro 3 prepay hero pay as you go plan for new customers so he would like to be on that rather than the 20 euro pay as you go.

Okay then. Well is it possible for me to send them some of my own credit then..

Also they were supposed to receive 2x 20 euro elverys vouchers for switching which they didn't and I was supposed to receive a one for all voucher for referring them which I haven't. And he was never informed of the 15euro 3 prepay hero pay as you go plan for new customers so he would like to be on that rather than the 20 euro pay as you go.

@Megan97 It won't be possible to send them some of your own credit.

The prepay hero plan is listed on the Community & on our website for your friend to view it. If he had joined Three on this plan he would be ineligible for the offers you mentioned above. When you referred your friend was it via this web page?

To look into the Elverys vouchers offer I'd need to speak with your friend directly to check the status. Can you ask him to sign up for 3Community & then reach out to me to check this out? Alternatively, they can contact our care team on freephone 1913 to query it also.