Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Got a data warning SMS when I still got lots of MB

imjosh
Investigator

Got a data warning SMS when I still got lots of MB

I recently bought a 500MB data addon for my Three prepay account. I'm super careful when I use my data so I can use all the 500MB through the entire cycle until it expires.

Next day, I got a warning SMS message from Three stating that I had "reached 80% of the 500MB national/roaming data" and that they would let me know when I reached 100%.

I immediately checked My3 account just to see that I still had 94% remaining of my 500MB (I had only consumed about 35MB). And 1-2 days afterwards, I still have more than 90%, so what was this message about? What triggered this warning and why does your system think that I have almost no data remaining?

In the past I've had several issues where the Three system would ignore any active Data addon with MB remaining and started using my account credit to pay for data. Can someone check?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@imjosh Hi Josh, the text warning you got may be related to your previous addon. On what date did you activate the current add-on & on what date did you activate your previous add-on? If there was an overlap of days between the two add-ons the message would be related to the older add-on. 

If you didn't have any overlap between add-ons can I get you to PM me your number, full name, address, & date of birth for the validation of your account? I'll take a closer look into this for you. 

No, my previous addon was used like 4 months ago, I haven't had any contract, top up or data addon since last year. Sending PM