Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Introducing the: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

Three_Stacey_1-1706193553223.png

Today marks an exciting day at Three! The S22 will be hitting the shelves after being available to pre-order for the last few weeks and all pre-orders will be making their way to our eagerly awaiting customers. Are you one of those customers? With the S22 you can do anything, anywhere. Note fanatics have been waiting for a phone like this and your 3Community Moderator team got their hands on one to test out and report back to you guys, so read on to find out our first impression of the S22 Ultra.

Samsung S22 Ultra  

How does it look?

I have to start off with the S Pen here because this was the feature that I was most excited to try, and it did not disappoint! You don’t even have to touch the phone because Air Actions gives you control with just a flick of your wrist, it's super impressive. The picture to text conversion is so much fun. The responsiveness and preciseness were the best that I’ve seen too! Also, it’s tucked into a little slot in the bottom of the phone, so you won’t lose it 😊

The S22 Ultra is huge, a great selling point for me, as I love a large screen for streaming. The rectangular display is curved rather than flat, so it’s stylish looking too. Unlike the S22 and S22+, the cameras on the back of the Ultra protrude from the casing, which is not necessarily a bad thing, simply something that I noted.

Colour-wise, the S22 Ultra comes in a variety of colours. I love the dark red, as it’s different, especially on the matte brushed finish. The Gorilla Glass Victus+ keeps this beauty nice and safe too!

How’s the camera?

Ah, the glorious camera feature! "Wow" is all I can say here. Low light photo snapping was a big improvement made to the S22 Ultra with Nightography so I was eager to try this out, and it is mighty impressive. The portrait feature was my favourite though, so clear!

The zoom is awesome so if you are into this feature, be sure to check out the Ultra – seriously, it’s awesome! The all-important selfies for Insta came out REALLY clear, so all you selfie fans will be mightily impressed.

Oh and be sure to check out the Expert RAW app, super editing features there!

What’s on the inside?

The S22 Ultra refreshes at 120Hz and you can tell, the transitions were buttery smooth.

Vision Booster is a cool new feature Samsung introduced this year, it kicks in when you are in direct sunlight for example, and adjusts the screen brightness, colour and contrast accordingly. I’m waiting for the sun to start shining to test that one out properly (although I could be waiting a while for that 😉)

With the Google Duo app, you can screen share while on a video call, something I was very impressed with when I joined a work call from the Ultra.

Now, the memory! The Ultra comes in 128GB or 256GB, but there is no option to expand this with a memory card, so make sure to consider this when investing.

Tell me about the battery life.

By the end of the day, I was just falling below 20% battery power, which was okay for me, as I had been using it pretty heavily throughout the day. No complaints here on that front!

What are the specs?

General Specifications

Spec

Samsung S22 Ultra

Display Size

6.8”

Display Type

Dynamic Quad HD+ 120 HzAMOLED 2X Display

Operating System

Android 12

Processor

4nm Exynos 2200 processor