Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Intermittent loss of signal

SOLVED
Gbmch
Investigator

Intermittent loss of signal

There is a 3 mast about 300m from my house in Blackwater, co Wexford. There was no problem with the signal up to a few weeks ago. Since then the signal is totally unreliable. For example there was a signal at 8am but no signal from 1 pm until 7 am this morning. There has been no signal since 1 pm today. This affects all those residents on the 3 network as well as anyone using Tesco as a provider. Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Hi @Gbmch 👋 Good news, works have been completed on the mast and our network team has confirmed service is fully restored. Can you restart and confirm for me? 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Gbmch Hello there, I've linked in with our tech team about the mast in your area and we are working to have your services fully restored as soon as possible. When I get the word that all is up and running I'll come back to you here and go through some checks with you 👍 

OK. Thanks. I’ve found out more recently that the reception varies through the house. Sometimes I can receive a signal upstairs, but not downstairs. At other times these can be a loss of signal upstairs. Maybe the mast is unstable or underpowered.

No bother @Gbmch I've investigated your area further by linking into with our networks team. A fault with your local mast was identified last week, and we ordered some new parts 👍 These arrived late on Friday, and due to weather conditions, our crew hasn't been able to climb the masts to carry out the equipment replacements. As soon as it's possible, our team will get this done and our engineer will start initial testing. I'll let you know when I know more. Thanks for your patience.  

Hi Deborah, I've measured the point to point distance to the mast and it's 600m, not 300m. However the three coverage map shows full internal 3G coverage at my house. Reception still very patchy. No reception at all downstairs.

@Gbmch thanks for the info, the faulty parts are due to be replaced very soon. It could be these that are impacting your signal. Once the new equipment is installed, our engineer will run tests regarding the strength of the signal. I'll come back to you tomorrow with an update 👍  

Hi @Gbmch, just checking back in to inform you that our network crew are still working towards getting this mast back up and running. I'll keep you updated with more info as it comes. Thanks for your patience throughout 👍

Hi @Gbmch 👋 Good news, works have been completed on the mast and our network team has confirmed service is fully restored. Can you restart and confirm for me? 

Hi, the signal returned yesterday afternoon and seems to be stable. Consider the problem resolved! Thanks for your efforts.

Great! Thanks for getting back to me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend 😊