Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Transferring number from old phone

Robd1
Investigator

Transferring number from old phone

Hi there,
I'm having problems transferring my number from my old phone which is with Virgin Media.
I did the port thing but it hasn't worked.
Can you help me?

Thankd
5 REPLIES 5
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Robd1 hi there, can you tell me a bit more? Did you request the port online or in-store? Did you receive an error notification? Are you going to Bill Pay or Prepay with us? 

Hi Deborah,
Yes we picked the phone up in store but requested the port online on the 3 website yesterday. It said it will take 2 till 4 hours to do. Transferring from Virgin. I don't think I got an error notification. It's billpay. Would you like the account number? Like when I call someone from this new phone the new number comes up on the other person's phone. I want to keep my own number. Hope that helps.

@Robd1 Great info, thanks. Before I ask you to send your details to me in PM, can check a few things? There are a few reasons why ports don't go through and the most popular one by far is an information mismatch. Usually, this has to do with your "old" account type. Lot's of people see their old number as a "single line", however, you may have had a bundle with Virgin Media meaning your account type is a "multi-line". Did you have a bundle? Can you remember if you submitted the port online as a single or multi? So if you selected "single line" you'll need to start the process again but this time selecting "multi-line".

Don't forget your mobile needs to be unlocked for the 3 sim to work in it (if your keeping it)

@Robd1 I see your PM and I'm checking those details out for you. @billbond4 Yes 💪 that is an excellent point, making sure your phone is unlocked before moving network.