Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Tronsmart Onyx Apex Earphones Review

billbond4
Leader

Tronsmart Onyx Apex Earphones Review

After reviewing the Tronsmart Apollo Air+ TrueWireless Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling earphones recently, I was looking forward to trying out their new Onyx Apex with Active Noise Cancelling Earphones.

billbond4_0-1625735349297.png

billbond4_1-1625735349234.png

On the rear there is a listing of main features of the earphones

• Active noise cancelling technology.
  • Advanced Qualcomm QCC3040 chip.
  • Qualcomm® aptX™ audio decoding.
  • Bluetooth 5.2 support.
  • 2 microphones each with cVc 8.0 technology in calls.
  • Customized 10mm driver unit for deeper bass.
  • Over 24 hours of playtime with the charging case.
  • 10 mins charging for 1-hour use.
  • Support voice assistant.

billbond4_2-1625735349136.png

In the box you get 

• User manual
  • Warranty Guide
  • USB-C cable
  • The Onyx Apex earphones.
  • Charging/carrying case
  • 2  Extra pairs of ear tips.

billbond4_3-1625735349394.png

The earphones come with a charging/carrying case (63mm x 42mm x 30 mm) which has 4 leds on it to display battery level i.e. the outside case will have 4 leds on when the battery level is between 76 and 100% and will have 3 leds on when the battery is between 51 and 75%,  2 leds for 26 to 5% and one led for 1% to 25%. The  instructions and information in the user guide is very starightford and easy to  understand. The case cover opens and closes solidly with the aid of a magnet to keep it closed. You need to remove the earphones from the case so they will be automatically turned on.

The charging case itself is very light (only 37grms) 

The earphones weigh approx 5 grms each.

billbond4_4-1625735349363.png

The Tronsmart Onyx Apex earphones use the latest Qualcomm QCC3040 chip, which gives you very good battery performance (up to 40% lower battery usage compared with previous generation)  and lowest latency with faster transmission between the earphones and your audio source.

The latest Qualcomm aptx Audio Codec is supported “aptX Adaptive Audio”  which will give you the best audio over bluetooth by using an Adaptive bit rate with Dynamic low latency (Which is great for gaming) which gives you HQ audio.

The Onyx Apex uses TWS Stereo Plus which means your audio source will stream directly to each earphone independently and it also allows you to use one by itself and you can still choose to have the Ambient mode enabled. 

billbond4_5-1625735349260.pngbillbond4_6-1625735349316.png

The earbuds are very compact and have charging connections on them, the Onyx Apex have a nice glossy plastic finish to them and feel well constructed and have leds on them to display connection and charging actions.

billbond4_7-1625735349351.png

Again Tronsmart have their Active Noise Cancelling and the Ambient Sound mode.

The ANC makes music deeper and adds more Bass while removing a lot of the background noise. 

The Ambient sound mode I found great as it injects the background surrounding noise into the audio your listening to so you get to hear sounds around you and also the audio so you can feel safer when your using earphones when your outside and also its great when your on work phone/video calls as you can hear the kids around you if your working from home.

Overall I found the earphones super comfortable either while running they felt firmly attached to my ears or wearing them for long periods of time, as they are so small you don't really feel like you're wearing them.

Pairing was very easy, and you can see the Battery % of the earphones in your Bluetooth settings as well as the HD audio mode that you're connected to.

billbond4_8-1625735348988.png

Its a pity the Tronsmart app doesnt include support for the earbuds so you could tweak the settings the best way to suit you.

The 10mm graphene drivers in the Onyx Apex produced very good sound with various music types i tried and produced good bass and with ANC on adds even more Bass with even more of a punch.

There are plenty of ways to control the Onyx Apex a lot more than other earphones which may only have one or two taps to control them. I found the Touch controls responsive, again for the voice assistant my phone needed to be unlocked for it to open.

The range of the earphones (10 Metres from the specs) is very impressive. I was able to listen to music all over my two storey house and even outside.

Tronsmart say play time is up to 5 hours (with Volume at 50%) with the charging case you could get 24 hours of listening if you put the earphones into the case for 10 minutes you will get 60 minutes of use.                              USB-C fast charge is supported with the earphones in the carry case, 10 minutes charging will give you 1.5hr of use and its fully charged in 2 hours.

There are 4 microphones together along with CVC 8.0 technology inside the earphones in each earphone there is (2 microphones) .The voice quality in normal (not too noisy environments) was very good, but it did struggle a bit when the conditions had more background more noise like outdoors on a busy road.

Tronsmart have produced another great set of  super compact earphones with standout features of Ambient Sound Mode and ANC so you can use the Tronsmart Onyx Apex in any location. 

More Info:

Tronsmart Onyx Apex

0 REPLIES 0