Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Cannot send mms messages

SOLVED
Add_00435
Investigator

Cannot send mms messages

Hello. I have had this problem for a while now and it has not been resolved. I have been onto 3 help a few times and followed their suggestions. I can't send MMS messages and can't send pictures by imessage either.

Also I can't send premium rate messages where they charge for texts. Do you think this is a block on my bill where I can't do something that charges extra maybe? Or is it a sim card/device issue? I tried the sim in another iphone and it still did not send.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Hi Deborah. I hope you are well. I have got my sim activated and I think this has fixed the issue. Thank you for your help

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Add_00435 that's a strange one and thank you for eliminating that it's your device by trying the SIM in an other phone.  Has MMS ever worked for you? Can you remember when? Have you ever requested a data block on your account?

How old is your SIM card? If it's are 18 months or more, I'd suggest a SIM replacement. However, this is just another step as not being able to send MSS could easily be profile related. 

Hi Deborah - thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes it worked all the time. I think i noticed it when I upgraded to the phone I have which was February last year I think. No I have never requested a data block. The sim card is probably more than 3 years old I would think.

@Add_00435 first thing here is to get a SIM replacement, simply based on the fact your current one is 3 years old! You can order a SIM replacement online, or if it's handier for you, you can pick one up in store. Remember to bring your ID.

Just thinking; are you able to receive MMS, or pics on iMessage? 

Hi Deborah - ok I'll do that thank you. i can send and receive imessages and i can receive picture messages and when I try to send it says not delivered with a red exclamation mark.

@Add_00435 perfect. when you do the SIM replacement, will you come back and let me know how you got on ( either way?)

@Add_00435 Hi there, I'm wondering if you've done the SIM replacement and if so, are you now able to send an MMS?

Hi Deborah,

I ordered the new sim on Monday and still waiting for the delivery.

Thanks
Laura

@Add_00435 thanks for getting back to me. I'll touch base again in a few days 

Hi Deborah. I hope you are well. I have got my sim activated and I think this has fixed the issue. Thank you for your help