Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

All About: Three 5G Broadband Coverage

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Three_Stacey_1-1695740956867.png

Here on the 3Community, we know how important your home broadband is. Staying connected is essential  whether you use broadband for gaming, banking, or keeping in touch with family.

So, we have put together some suggestions below to help you sort things out when your broadband is not working quite right.

Check the coverage in your area

If you are experiencing coverage issues, the first step is to check the coverage in your area. Use our handy coverage checker to find out what service is available at your home. Three has a large network that is continually being improved. From time to time, we will need to take a mast offline to complete maintenance, to check if there is work happening in your area, keep an eye on our blog

How to get the best connection

Here are some tips on how to get the best connection from your ZTE MC801A (self-install)

• Place it near a window.
  • Minimise interference from microwaves, wireless speakers, baby monitors, and other Bluetooth devices.
  • Keep an eye on how many devices are connected at one time. Too many might reduce the overall speed!

For the tech-installed ZTE MC7010 users, the engineer will place your device in the optimal position.

How to restart

The ZTE MC801A & the ZTE MC7010 are connected to the mains, but you can restart without disconnecting it. Just press and hold the WPS button for 10 seconds, and the power light on the hub will switch off. To restart, press and hold the WPS button for 3 seconds, and the power light will switch on again.

How to reset - MC801A

Be aware that resetting a device will restore it to its factory settings, including password and settings changes! The reset button/hole is tricky to find, but it is on the bottom of the hub under a protective cover. You will need to press the button using a SIM ejector pin and hold it for 3 seconds. The power lights will switch off and it may take a few minutes to start up again and pick up the signal.

For tech-installed ZTE MC7010 users, we do not recommend that you attempt a reset without being directed by our 5G broadband team, who are available on 1913.

Accessing the ZTE dashboard

Access your dashboard, here: http://192.168.18.1/index.html#login.

You will find your unique dashboard password on the bottom of the hub. Launch the dashboard from any device connected to the hub, enter the URL and password, and then select 'login'. For you information, there are two separate views of the dashboard via your MOBILE and your PC/LAPTOP.

Three_Stacey_2-1692186495380.png

Why do you need access to the dashboard?

• Change the name of the hub from Three_ZTE to something of your own choosing.
  • Change the Wi-Fi password, just because you want to, or when you have forgotten it.
  • Access the Parental Control Panel, where to can add a 'Kids device' and set time limits on it.
  • Check for device updates under Advance Settings > Update > Check.
  • You can even do a self-diagnostics test.
  • Check your data usage, but you do have to enable your plan allowance. My3 will show your data usage in relation to your billing cycle.
  • See any SMS sent to your device, such as Three+ notifications.
  • Suggested position feature, for when you want to compare window ledges! 

What do the lights mean?

MC801A & MC7010

Three_Stacey_3-1692186495385.png

Signal: This indicates the strength of your signal connection.

Network: Red – The device is not connected to the network.

Blue – The device is connected to 3G/4G.

White – The device is connected to 5G.

Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is on/off indicator (For further information, click here.)

Power: Off and on indicator.

Need more help?

If you have tried all of the above steps and are still experiencing issues, leave a comment below and we will be happy to assist you 😊

2 Comments
Cristiane3105

I have the broadband for almost 2 year, I always had issues, Internet didn't work at all. Now I'm moved home, nobody came to do the installation from the previous home, I'm still being charge for a product that I don't have, and I don't know when I will have it. To cancel it you guys are charging me a huge amount for some product that you promised and did deliver. I have been a customer for a long time, and for sure after this broadband and mobile contract ends, I will definitely not renew it. Its a shame a company like that with so poor service!

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Cristiane3105, Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I have moved the query to this post as it is related to a 5G Broadband query. If you are looking to move your technical installed broadband from one location to another I would recommend contacting 1913 who will be able to arrange for a technician to complete this for you and they will also be able to confirm any charges for the technicians call out on the call. 

If you would prefer to cancel the broadband package you will also be able to provide the 30 days notice on the call and you would only be charged an early termination charge if you are currently in contract.