Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Can't receive 2FA SMS

William_00999
Investigator

Can't receive 2FA SMS

Hi, I've just ported from Vodafone pre-paid to Three bill pay and got an iPhone13 running iOS 16.3.1. I cannot receive SMS 2FA messages to activate apps on the iPhone (banking apps, for example). I can receive SMS from Three and from my wife, who is also on Three bill pay.

4 REPLIES 4
Louise_43708
Novice

I'm the exact same 🤔 3 weeks now and nothing helps. I'm locked out of every app including revolut, and it's a business phone. they say it's an issue between Vodafone and 3 and there's no resolution date in sight  

Hi @William_00999 & @Louise_43708  welcome to 3Community 👋

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Have either of you been in contact with customer care and had an investigation started on this?

If you have please share the reference number. If you haven't please PM us with your name, number, full address and date of birth so we can alert technology of your difficulties.

Keep an eye on this thread here as Three_Shane1 is keeping everyone updated on this.

Hello,

I have contacted Three support and they gave me the reference number REQ000000243933.

Please note that I have tried my Three SIM on my old phone, and I still cannot receive the 2FA SMS's. So definitely not a problem with the phone.

Your right @William_00999 thanks for sharing the reference number.

We're aware that a small number of customers are unable to receive authentication sms after porting to Three. Our tech team are currently working to get a fix in place as soon as we have an update we will post it here.