Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Not able to add ESIM of other provider

Add_01676

Not able to add ESIM of other provider

I am an Indian working in Ireland. I recently bought iPhone 13 with three on bill pay. It’s a 2 year contract. I am trying to add my Indian number ESIM to the device but it’s not allowing me to do so. I am using physical sim of three which is my Ireland number and I wanted to use ESIM of my Indian number as I require it on same phone. So, can someone help me out with this ?
9 REPLIES 9
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Add_01676 Hello there, you might have seen the ESIM topic on our Idea's board! ESIM are not yet supported on Three but we are working on this and should have news on that in the future!

has there been any movement on this situation as of today ? I really need to see if Esim is a thing here at 3. I want to stay with 3 but Need that esim up today 

@Add_05522 Hi there, ESIM is not currently supported on the Three network. It is currently being worked on & we have plans to make it available in 2023. 

@Add_05522 You need to get your phone unlocked by Three before you can add an esim of another provider.

varun_05789
Novice

If you bought the iphone with three its carrier locked anyways. You could buy an iphone without contract and be able to put three Sim card and also install an Indian E-Sim like from Jio or Airtel.

Add_18006
Novice

Hi there, how far is that future to be able to connect your wearables to eSim card? More and more people are using the smartwatch. Most of European counties are supporting this feature but Ireland is still so behind the latest technologies. 

Is there any time frame when we can see this service to be added on Three?

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @ JS2 I wish I could give you a specific time frame for this as this is one I looking forward to as well 😊 I'd suggest keeping an eye on our Ideas Board, we have a thread there called ESIM Rollout when we get a specific timeframe we will post it there.

Is Ireland still not up to speed yet?

I just come back from Asia and it's all over the place there !