Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

SMS isn't working

SOLVED
Max_Vianna
Investigator

SMS isn't working

I was a Vodafone customer. Everything was fine. I was receiving SMS normally. It happens I switched to Three last week and I'm not receiving SMS like before.

Now that I've switched from Vodafone to Three I just can receive SMS from some websites. For exemple, SMS from Wise or Revenue used to work perfectly. But now they don't. I can receive SMS from my friends, though.

The thing is: since I move my number to Three I cannot receive the most important SMS anymore.

I took my iPhone13 to a Three store and the staff couldn't find any problem. I also called 1913, talked to the team, but they never comeback with any helpful solution.

What should I do? I'm starting to really regret switching from Vodafone to Three.

34 REPLIES 34
MrBadgeroo
Novice

I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve been locked out of my Revolut account because the SMS messages aren’t coming through to verify my account. My fiancé sent me an SMS yesterday and that didn’t arrive either. She had text me a few days before and that did arrive so seems to be unreliable at best. 

I’ve logged a ticket with Three but there was no immediate solution. Revolut support team gave me lots of different things to try but are sure that the problem is on the network provider side. So frustrated at this point. 

@MrBadgeroo Hi there & welcome to the 3Community. The technical team have enough examples currently & they're still investigating the issue. I'll keep everyone updated here & as soon as I have an update I'll post it here for you all to see. 

I have similar problem since changing over recently. Has anyone ever had this issue resolved?

@Max_Vianna @Leanne_23180 @MrBadgeroo @Ann-Marie_56277 Hi All, just a quick update to advise our tech team are currently in talks with your previous provider as it looks like the verification SMS are being incorrectly routed to them. We're waiting for the routing to be updated so once we have confirmation it's been done I'll notify you all here. 

Just contacted three via phone told my issue is resolved. Not resolved, new ‘ticket’ I’m told it’s my iPhone. Have tried resetting network, no joy?

Any updates? The service is still not working.

I was told a week ago that the issue would be resolved by June 15th. I was in touch with them yesterday and they confirmed if it wasn’t sorted by today, I would be offered some kind of discount on my bill to reflect the inconvenience. 

That’s interesting, I wasn’t offered or told that. Mine still not working either 

I asked, in fairness. Just wanted to flag it here so everyone else knows to do the same!

Just had problem resolved!!!! Persevere people! It is a resolvable issue!! Thank you three!