Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

SMS isn't working

SOLVED
Max_Vianna
Investigator

SMS isn't working

I was a Vodafone customer. Everything was fine. I was receiving SMS normally. It happens I switched to Three last week and I'm not receiving SMS like before.

Now that I've switched from Vodafone to Three I just can receive SMS from some websites. For exemple, SMS from Wise or Revenue used to work perfectly. But now they don't. I can receive SMS from my friends, though.

The thing is: since I move my number to Three I cannot receive the most important SMS anymore.

I took my iPhone13 to a Three store and the staff couldn't find any problem. I also called 1913, talked to the team, but they never comeback with any helpful solution.

What should I do? I'm starting to really regret switching from Vodafone to Three.

34 REPLIES 34

Hi Stacey, 

Apple - IPhone 11 

every day I’m trying to receive a Verification code from Revenue, AIB bank, Amazon and nothing. 

Last time I have received a OTP was 26/05 from Revenue. 

I have already changed the SIM card 2 times at the store. 
I have tested the SIM card in different mobiles. 
I have opened 3 tickets and contacted customer service at least 3 times a part from the tickets. 

* Edited by Mod

@Add_29179 Thanks for responding 😊 As you can see I've edited your post as it's best not to make your personal details public.

I've reviewed your account and everything looks to be set up correctly, I've reached out to the tech team and requested that they investigate this further for us. I'll be keeping an eye on this and as soon as I have an update I'll post it here. 

Thank you for looking into it. 

It isn’t an issue in my phone because ei have tried the sim in 3 different mobiles and issue is still the same and it isn’t the sim card because I have changed it already. 

@Add_29179 The tech team have reached out to me and requested that you try to receive a verification code again as they don't see any failures on the network. 

Once you've tried please PM me with the time you made the request and the name of the company you requested the verification code from.

Yeah. Now it's working properly. Thank you, guys!