3Community Menu

Phone not connecting to 5g and old phone registered in my3

Luke_73351

Phone not connecting to 5g and old phone registered in my3

Hi

ive recently upgraded my phone to iPhone 14 pro

2 issues

- phone won’t connect to 5g network despite being in the range 

- my old phone is coming up in my3 as a legacy device. New phone won’t register. 

thanks

Luke. 

13 REPLIES 13
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Welcome to 3Community @Luke_73351 😊 I'd love to help you with this but I'll need a little more info.

For the 5G can you check one of the settings in your phone and let me know what you see, Settings - Mobile Data - Mobile data options - Voice & Data is 5G selected here?

How did you upgrade your phone did you purchase it online or through customer care and when you purchased it did it come with a new number or a temporary number?

Hi , I'm facing this exact  problem...   My iphone is a iphone 14 pro max and I'm In range right now(because my wife has same model and hers works nice on 5g)

i've checked this configuration on SETTINGS / CELULLAR /  CELULAR DATA OPTIONS :  VOICE E DATA -> 5G ON DATAMODE -> DATA ON 5G AND DATA ROAMMING  = TRUE.

Could you help me with this ?? 

Hey @walterfcarvalho, there are some troubleshooting steps that you can follow. Firstly I would recommend checking that you are on a plan that has 5G included. Once this has been confirmed another way to test the connection, other than switching to 5G only, is to manually select the network and this can be done by following the steps here

Hi, thank to nswer to me.... I've checked my plan and its a "3 Prepay 20", a further check and this plan  has 

Data (ROI) All You Can

Eat Data (EU) 19 GB

Three to Three calls Unlimited

Minutes to other networks 60

Texts Unlimited

Three+ Dive into a world of rewards

5G 5G enabled"

my settings:

settings / cellular data options/ voice & data  =. 5g on

settings / network selection  =  automatic. , but if I turn automatic off,  I can see this networks: 3(3g), irl -meteor , 3

there is another config I can change?

When you had your connection on Automatic were you able to receive 5G in other locations? You can also reset your Access Point Name settings by doing the following: 

Select Settings 
Mobile Data 
Mobile Data Network 
Scroll down and select Reset Settings

Once this is done restart your device and check if you can connect to 5G

Thank you for answer.

First of all,  I've checked the signal coverage on  https://www.three.ie/coverage-checker/, and   informing my eir code D11DWP0 and my mobile phone Iphone 14 pro max, page  shows that I have 5g coverage here (as I said before).

Then , I did what you ask for, on settings / cellular / celullar data Network, and scroll down til botton page and clicked on "reset settings" and on  "reset".

After reboot my Iphone, I headed to this page,  settings / cellular / celullar data Network and  here the configs :

MMS

APN: internet 

MMSC: http://mms.three.ie

MMS Proxy: 62.40.32.40.:8080

MMS: MAX Message size: 307200

personal hotspot

APN open.internet

(all others have "blank values")

and still connecting on 4g instead 5g 😞

Is there any other action I can do it?

I didn't mencionate , but this sim card that I'm using on my iPhone 14, was used on my old iPhone XR till july 2023.  Maybe 3 system is thinking I'm still using my old iphone? 😉

When you are using your phone in other locations, are you getting a 5G connection or are you unable to receive a 5G connection anywhere?

If your device is 5G compatible and 5G is available on your plan your phone should automatically connect to 5G regardless of what phone you were using when you originally received the SIM. Unfortunately like all technology, a SIM can degrade over time so it might be worth considering a change of SIM if you haven't changed it in the last 2 years and we have tried other troubleshooting.

You can order a new sim card here or pick up a replacement SIM for free in your local store.

thank you for answer me 

my device is unable to receive a 5G connection anywhere, sorry. despite to be a ihpne 14 pro max.