Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

SMS isn't working

SOLVED
Max_Vianna
Investigator

SMS isn't working

I was a Vodafone customer. Everything was fine. I was receiving SMS normally. It happens I switched to Three last week and I'm not receiving SMS like before.

Now that I've switched from Vodafone to Three I just can receive SMS from some websites. For exemple, SMS from Wise or Revenue used to work perfectly. But now they don't. I can receive SMS from my friends, though.

The thing is: since I move my number to Three I cannot receive the most important SMS anymore.

I took my iPhone13 to a Three store and the staff couldn't find any problem. I also called 1913, talked to the team, but they never comeback with any helpful solution.

What should I do? I'm starting to really regret switching from Vodafone to Three.

34 REPLIES 34

My problem still persists. Terrible! 

Any updates? The service is still not working.

I'm asking again because last time I ask anybody shows up to say anything.

Hi, my prob has been resolved. I changed over from Vodafone around the 29th May. Prob solved this week, I initially left it to ‘three’ to sort prob out and rang by chance a week later to see what was happening to be told that my prob was showing as resolved. It wasn’t, I upped my check-ins to multiple times daily then, I rang, liked any post in the three community with similarities , emailed daily and problem has been resolved since yesterday. I did read how someone was being given a discount because of this prob. The poster said they asked for the discount, I was never offered this, but then again I never asked. Maybe do yourself a favour and ‘check-in’ daily with three. I also did what three said they did and ‘reached’ out to Vodafone to  see if the oroblem was on their(Vodafone’s)  side.as three siad. Problem was solved the next day. Maybe ‘reach’ out to three daily. Seemed to work for me?? 

Hi Max,

The issue has been resolved on my side the last couple of days. I was not made aware it had been only that I saw another user say it was sorted and tried it and it worked.  You should contact 3 again for an update on your situation or contact the mediator who spoke to us originally on this post… hope it wotks for you soon

@Ann-Marie_56277 @Leanne_23180  Glad to hear it's working for you now. 

@Max_Vianna Our technical team is working with Vodafone to resolve this. They have already made changes which have allowed some of our affected customers to now receive the verification SMS. We're working closely to fix this for the remaining customers. As soon as I have a further update I'll pop back here to you.

@Max_Vianna @MrBadgeroo Hi both, good news our technical team has worked with Vodafone to get a fix in place. We're seeing verification SMS now being successfully delivered. Just to confirm with both of you have you been able to receive them? Let me know how you both get on.

Yes, I have been receiving them for the last week or so.

Regards,

Ann-Marie
Add_29179
Investigator

I am going through the same issue, but I was already a three customer. And no help or solution from their side. 

Shane I have been facing the same issue and I am a old customer from three, I have raised already 3 tickets with three and no reply, and when I call to customer service, all they do is say that there was no issue detected. It is causing me big issues right now, as I can’t even receive OTP from revenue. This is such a lack of respect and it is clear that there is no one looking into it as a URGENT matter, I’m more than disappointed with this operator. 

@Add_29179 I'd be happy to look into this for you but I'll need to check your account.

Please PM me your name, number, full address and date of birth then I'll be able to review your account. Also, can you let me know the make and model of your phone, when you noticed this and when you last tried to receive a verification code.