Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

SMS not supported on WiFi Calling

Michael_01667
Investigator

SMS not supported on WiFi Calling

When will sms be supported over WiFi calling? 

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Michael_01667, thanks for messaging us here, is there a particular error that you are receiving when you attempted to send an SMS while Wifi Calling is turned on? 

Hi Niall, there’s no particular message it just fails to send or receive any SMS when WiFi calling is turned on.

I should’ve added my coverage is very poor at home so I always leave my phone in airplane mode with WiFi calling turned on. So I need WiFi calling to support SMS when I’ve no coverage. 

@Three_Niall wrote:

Hey @Michael_01667, thanks for messaging us here, is there a particular error that you are receiving when you attempted to send an SMS while Wifi Calling is turned on? 

I should’ve added my coverage is very poor at home so I always leave my phone in airplane mode with WiFi calling turned on. So I need WiFi calling to support SMS when I’ve no coverage. 

As you have set up a new eSIM on your device I would recommend turning off the Wifi Calling on your device, restart your phone and then turn back on Wifi calling on the device to restart setting up WiFi Calling on the new eSIM.