Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

iMessage not activated

SOLVED
Rude
Novice

iMessage not activated

Hello

Just moved over from Vodafone onto a pre pay plan and my iMessage will not activate. I’ve been into the help chat and no help was given. I’ve done all the trouble shooting. Sign in and out of iCloud. Turn on and off iMessage etc but still no activation. The phone is an iPhone 11 Pro and iMessage worked perfectly on my last network. Any ideas?
41 REPLIES 41

iMessage and FaceTime still not activating over here

I just tried mine again and it worked. Thanks! I toggled iMessage on and off and it said "waiting for activation", so I left it for an hour or so.. forgot about it... and when I checked just there it was working.

@EP that's fantastic, appreciate the update

@Niamh_04112 by any chance were you asked to accept new Ts/Cs? It's part of the new iOS15.2. From what I understand  apps like “iMessage” and “Find My” all failed until you accept Apple iCloud’s latest Terms and Conditions.

To accept the new Ts/Cs after you've updated to iOS 15.2, pop into Settings > click your name/phone name at the top where it’s got Apple ID / iCloud > Media & Purchases > iCloud and agree to new Ts/Cs. 

I must admit I'm an Android user, so anyone here is invited to show a screenshot or upload a screen recording to help the others on this thread.

@Nathan_01669 @owall  @AK1  sorry if I left out anyone 🤔

I am having the same issue can you help me. I use an IPhone 8

@Ruanoc, Have you updated to iOS 15.2 and accepted the new Ts/Cs? 

I have.

Hi my iMessage is now activated to my 3 number. Not sure if this has
anything to do with the update as I had already updated my phone before
reporting my issue on this forum.

How did you get it to activate??

My iMessage is now working.

Good morning all.

@EP mentioned that " I switched iMessage on and off this morning, left it for about an hour and it worked." 

@Niamh_04112 , can you let us know exactly what steps you've taken as it seems your iMessage isn't working yet.

@Nathan_01669 and @owall since you had iOS 15.2 and I guess the new T/Cs accepted  before coming on here, can you share anything else you've done to activate iMessage?