Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

iMessage not activated

SOLVED
Rude
Novice

iMessage not activated

Hello

Just moved over from Vodafone onto a pre pay plan and my iMessage will not activate. I’ve been into the help chat and no help was given. I’ve done all the trouble shooting. Sign in and out of iCloud. Turn on and off iMessage etc but still no activation. The phone is an iPhone 11 Pro and iMessage worked perfectly on my last network. Any ideas?
41 REPLIES 41

Hi guys,

new phone, new number, iMessage still isn't able to activate. it's been 4 days now...

Did everything the apple support article said... but nothing.

And when selecting my phone number in settings at "send and deliver via", it keeps giving me an error..

What to do?

@owall Thanks for that, I'll add it to our list 👍

@Olivia_01278 I've moved your post over here as you'll see others reporting the same thing and our team is working on it. Let us know the following and we'll add you to the investigation.

• iPhone model
  • Price Plan
  • When you first and last attempted activation
  • Recent upgrade or SIM replacement

Thanks! I have an Apple iPhone 11 128GB + Three Ireland Three Open Price Plan 15GB.

Activated the SIM for the first time.

I received my new phone and SIM last friday.

Last activation attempt was yesterday evening.

@Olivia_01278 @owall @AK1 @EP @Matthew_06094 @Niamh_04112 @Nathan_01669 

Hi all,

We leave no stone unturned on 3Community and with this in mind, could you tell us what software iOS version you have? 

The latest iOS is 15.2 and it was released on the 14th of December. If you don't have it, could up please update to 15.2? 

My software is up to date (15.2). It's the first thing I checked when I encountered the problem on Saturday.

Software is 15.2

I have already updated it to 15.2

It is updated to 15.2

It worked for me ! 🙂

thanks. Imessage is active now.

@Olivia_01278 That's great news, and I'm delighted to hear that. 

Thanks to everyone for replying. I take it that you are all continuing to be unable to activate iMessage?