Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Call waiting not working

JAOL
Investigator

Call waiting not working

Any ideas on why call waiting may not be working on an IPhone 13. Tried turning it on and off and no good.

8 REPLIES 8
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@JAOL Hi there, let's get this checked out for you. When you try to activate the call waiting service on your phone do you get any kind of message to say it's been successful or that there was an error? 

@Three_Shane1 wrote:

@JAOLHi there, let's get this checked out for you. When you try to activate the call waiting service on your phone do you get any kind of message to say it's been successful or that there was an error? 

JAOL
Investigator

Call waiting is turned on and when switched off and back on there is no error. When the phone is rang it just sounds dead rather than ring. It is my wife’s phone who is also on my account.

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @JAOL thanks for the update.

Just to double check I'm understanding correctly, you can switch on call waiting in the settings without error. but when your wife is on a call she doesn't get any indication that there is a call waiting and the caller is not getting a ring tone.

Hi Stacy, yes what you said is correct “she can switch on call waiting in the settings without error. but when she is on a call she doesn't get any indication that there is a call waiting and the caller is not getting a ring tone”

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Thanks, @JAOL next I need to have a look at your wife's account so I can check all the settings. Please PM me your name, the number, full address and date of birth and I'll take a look 👍

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Thanks @JAOL I'm reviewing the account now as soon as I'll be back to you as soon as I have an update.

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@JAOL Delighted to hear that it's working for your wife now 🥳

If either of you have any other difficulties in the future don't hesitate to pop back to us here on 3Community 😊